Every time we get into our vehicles, be it for work, dropping children off at school, or running errands, we run the risk of being involved in auto accidents.
As within most major metropolitan areas, car accidents are all too common in the greater Orlando area. In fact, in the state of Florida, an average of 943 automobile crashes occur every day. Recent statistics show a total number of 361,656 car accidents in Florida over the course of only one year. The result is a frightening 235,545 injuries.
“What Should I Do?”
Unfortunately, if you're seeking legal help, the outcome of your roadway circumstances is probably much worse than a close call. If you've been in a crash, don't panic. Orlando car accident lawyer James O. Cunningham is here for you and yours during this difficult time.
If you've just been in an accident, seek medical attention right away. Even if you feel that your injuries are insignificant, complications may arise down the road, and official medical records will be vital to your case. Car accidents lead to a number of sometimes devastating and debilitating conditions including the following:
It's also important that you do not discuss the incident with the other party's insurance company. Similarly, do not make any agreements with anyone, either verbally or in writing, as this could preclude future negotiations. Never accept estimates or offers from the other party or their insurance company without proper legal guidance. If you've been in an accident, whether you were the driver or a passenger, now is the time to consult with a dedicated personal injury attorney, such as James O. Cunningham.
Despite the astronomical number of accidents, navigating the complex legal system after a collision or another roadway incident can be difficult. Especially under post-accident physical, financial, and/or emotional distress, and the duress individuals often experience when pressured by insurance companies, employers, and others, many victims feel overwhelmed or even hopeless. Florida visitors and residents, however, are not alone. For almost 40 years James O. Cunningham has been serving the greater Orlando area, and our compassionate professionals will assist you in recovering compensation for wage losses, medical bills, and other damages incurred due to your auto accident.
The insurance companies will have their best legal representatives on the case. You'll need equal or superior representation. Our seasoned, client-centric professionals are well versed in the following auto-related accidents:
Florida: A Destination Location
James O. Cunningham is not only experienced in court cases regarding personal and family vehicles. Florida is a destination state, and tourists come from near and far for Orlando events, attractions, and experiences such as the Kennedy Space Center, Universal Studios, Disney World, and more. Our dedicated law office has helped personal and commercial drivers recover compensation for lost wages, emotional damages, hospital fees, and more after the following:
Orlando's status as an internationally renowned tourism destination brings the best in rock concerts, theatre performances, theme parks, and more. Visitors and locals alike enjoy these activities. With all good things, however, come the bad. Unfortunately, some tourists have the attitude that what happens on vacation stays on vacation. This can result in unusually risky behavior and, therefore, a more dangerous roadway environment. Therefore, crosswalk-related accidents, hit and runs, and alcohol-related accidents are more common in our area.
Moreover, even if you don't live anywhere near the theme parks, museums, concert halls, or other weekend-warrior hotspots, Orlando is a bustling area. While most professionals acknowledge that texting or emailing while driving is dangerous, research shows that an alarmingly high percentage still work on the road, as they take that unexpected call from the company's CEO or they answer a few emails in order to hit those major deadlines. This inattentive motorized vehicle operation heightens the risk of car accidents. If you frequent State Road 436 or Highway 192, we're certain you've witnessed the inattentive driving that concerns all Florida drivers.
The Legal Process
In the event that you've been involved in a highway, residential, or other roadway accident, Orlando personal injury attorney James O. Cunningham will guide you through the complex legal process. He'll assemble the proper documents and other resources, such as witness statements, expert testimonies, driver statements, accident reports, and more. These materials will be vital to proving that a party has broken the law, has operated a car while intoxicated, has partaken in reckless driving, or is otherwise at fault for the crash.
When it comes to an automobile accident, we know that compensation is not one-size-fits-all. We can help you or your loved one file a Personal Injury Policy claim. This is an opportunity for victims to receive quick compensation while working toward future reimbursement for personal, professional, financial, physical, and/or emotional compensation. These short-term reimbursements might be particularly important if you've found yourself suddenly unable to work or to care for your dependents.
Potential Compensation for Automobile Drivers
Typically, victims of car crashes are unaware of the types of compensation that might be owed to them. A properly managed lawsuit will seek to recover one or more of the following:
- Medical Expenses: Any driver or passenger injured in an automobile accident should visit the doctor. Sometimes problems that seem minor at first lead to severe consequences down the road. Doctor's fees, imaging costs, surgical expenses, rehabilitation costs, and all other hospital or clinic bills incurred due to roadway accidents fall into this category.
- Lost Wages: If you've suffered a personal injury, it's possible that you'll be unable to work for some time. In this event, newly incurred expenses will not be your only concerns. How will you pay your rent, mortgage, car loan, or childcare expenses? Being able to afford groceries, toiletries, and other everyday items can become daunting, as well.
- Pain and Suffering: While nobody can undo a tragic past, the legal system does its best to award compensation for limited-lifestyle circumstances and other issues related to pain and suffering.
- Mental Anguish: Unfortunately, physical pain is sometimes only the beginning of a victim's suffering. Catastrophic collisions can trigger emotional and psychological distress. Although it can be more difficult to prove, emotional pain is a tangible hardship. Anxiety and depression can be real hurdles for survivors of roadway accidents.
- Loss of Consortium: For the layperson, loss of consortium is one of the lesser-known types of compensation, but our seasoned legal professionals will know when and why to seek this. If a victim's distress is so great that he or she can no longer maintain the same marital or other family relationships, a driver or passenger might qualify for loss of consortium.
- Funeral Expenses: Sadly, thousands of Floridians pass away while driving or riding within the rushed traffic of the greater Orlando area. In the event of a fatal accident, family and friends may seek to recover funeral costs.
Are you hoping to settle outside of the courtroom? Alternately, perhaps you need to persuade a jury. Have you lost a husband, wife, mother, daughter, father, son, or another beloved family member, and you're struggling to even think straight? No matter your circumstances, if you've been involved in an accident, either as a passenger or a driver, or if you've lost someone you love, the compassionate professionals at the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A. will lend an experienced helping hand.
Did you know that even if you're partially at fault for an accident, this might not preclude you from some amount of compensation? These are the types of details with which the professionals at the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A. can help.
We've been serving Florida residents and visitors with their personal injury claims since 1977. We've grown into a multi-location office, yet we uphold the same client-service standards that we've abided by since we opened our doors almost forty years ago. Our offices can be found in the following areas:
- Orlando, our main office
- Daytona Beach
- Fruitland Park
- Lake Mary
- Mt. Dora
- Winter Haven
James O. Cunningham and his staff of legal experts are thorough. They are aggressive in the courtroom but warmhearted professionals who put the needs of their clients first. You've been through enough, and we'll work hard to ensure that the legal system meets your emotional, physical, and financial needs. Whether you're afraid of losing the career of your dreams due to accident-related injuries, you're worried that the bank will foreclose on your house because you are currently unable to work, or you've been injured in a car accident but have no idea what to expect next, we're here to guide you. Contact us at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587).
- 85-Year-Old Crashes Car Through Orange County Restaurant
January 21, 2019
- Single Car Crash Near Tampa on NYE Leaves One Dead
January 6, 2019
- Florida Woman Crashes Car with Unbuckled Child in Passenger Seat
August 20, 2018
- Dangerous Orange County Road to Receive Overhaul
July 30, 2018
- Multiple Teens Involved in Florida Car Crash
July 24, 2018
- business5Walt Disney World Claims Department Employee
“I was involved in a motor vehicle accident where the other driver ran a red light and my car was a total loss. I was referred to James Cunningham due to the fact that our attorney’s have been very impressed with James Cunningham’s work. This fact turned out to be very true as Mr. Cunningham helped me win my case to a full and maximum settlement.”
- a Personal Injury client0.3