Florida Internal Injuries
Internal injuries caused by an accident are serious and potentially life threatening. They often are not noticed at the time of the accident and go undetected. They happen in an auto accident when an individual is violently shaken after a collision occurs.
Generally, internal injuries cause internal bleeding and require immediate medical attention. The common signs of an internal injury include abdominal pain, dizziness, bruising, leg pain, headaches and loss of consciousness.
Not all internal injuries are caused by automobile accidents, however. Internal injuries can also happen after a medical procedure when the surgeon does not perform the procedure correctly. Another common cause of internal injuries, particularly internal bleeding, is a slip and fall accident.
Common types of internal injuries are:
- Head trauma with internal bleeding.
- Bleeding around the lungs.
- Bleeding around the heart.
- Tears in the large blood vessels near the center of the body.
- Damage caused by trauma to the abdomen such as liver or spleen lacerations or perforation of other soft organs.
Regardless of how the internal injuries occurred, all these events can lead to permanent damage and you might incur significant medical expenses.
What You Can Do
If you or someone you love has suffered or is suffering from internal injuries from an accident or medical procedure, you need to hire a Florida personal injury attorney. An attorney with experience handling internal injury claims will understand the law and can work to make sure you are protected and receive fair commendation for your injury or injuries.
Working with an experienced Florida personal injury attorney is important when the injuries are significant and caused by the negligence of others. In these types of cases, a Florida personal injury attorney can discuss your case and inform you about the potential for significant compensation outside of the standard automobile insurance policy.
James O. Cunningham is a Florida personal injury attorney. He has over three decades of experience and understands personal injury law and the effect that internal injuries may have on your well-being. He will work on your behalf and make sure you are protected. You can contact him at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587).
- Four Children Injured in Brevard County School Bus Accident
May 23, 2019
- One Dead in Osceola County Hit-and-Run
May 21, 2019
- Head-On Lake County Crash Kills One, Critically Injuries Another
May 20, 2019
- $2 Billion Awarded to Couple in Monsanto Case
May 20, 2019
- Cyclist Killed After Being Struck by Pickup in Seminole County
May 19, 2019
- Over Two Billion Dollars Awarded to Couple in Monsanto Cancer Lawsuit
May 19, 2019
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3