Florida Cruise Ship Accidents
If you have watched the news over the past years you probably have seen a headline or two about a cruise ship accident or people getting sick en masse while on an ocean cruise. These types of incidents are an unfortunate reality of taking a holiday cruise. What started off as a relaxing, enjoyable escape from the real world can quickly become a nightmare – and your injuries may just be the start! This is because cruise ship accident claims are complex and can drag on for a considerable period of time.
- Do I have to File the Lawsuit in Florida?
- Do I Need to Hire a Florida Attorney if I Live in Another State?
- How Soon Do I Need To File a Florida Cruise Ship Accident Lawsuit?
For example, even though you may have signed up for a Florida cruise, that doesn’t necessarily mean you will be filing a Florida cruise ship accident claim. Where you file your claim will depend on where the cruise ship company is registered. If the cruise ship has a Cayman Islands registry, then you will likely have to file your Florida cruise ship accident claim there, with the laws of the Cayman Islands governing your action. More so, because your accident likely happened while at sea, maritime law may apply.
Even after you determine where you will file your case, you then have to figure out who to bring your claim against. Unfortunately this is rarely as straightforward as filing an action against the cruise ship company. Who is actually responsible for your cruise ship accident? The cruise ship owner? The company operating the cruise ship? The travel agency where you booked your Florida cruise? Determining liability is a complex legal issue that could hold up your claim.
That being said, it is also important not to wait too long for filing your claim – regardless of how complex issues of jurisdiction and liability may be. This is because there are probably strict time limitations on your right to take action against the cruise company for your Florida cruise ship injuries. If you read the fine print of your ticket, chances are there is a clause limiting your time to file a claim to as little as one year.
Before becoming overwhelmed and frustrated by these layers of complexities, it is important to discuss your Florida cruise ship accident claim with an experienced cruise ship accident attorney. Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping Florida cruise ship accident victims receive justice and fair compensation. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your cruise ship accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
Types of Cruise Ship Accidents & Injuries
Florida Cruise Lines
- Staying Safe at Daytona Beach Bike Week 2024: Tips to Prevent Motorcycle Accidents
February 25, 2024
- Navigating Daytona Beach Bike Week 2024: Protecting Your Rights After a Motorcycle Accident
February 21, 2024
- New Research Links Camp Lejeune Water Contamination to Several Types of Cancer
February 1, 2024
- Exploring Exactech Recalls: What You Need to Know About Defective Medical Devices
October 11, 2023
- Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Florida – What You Need To Know
September 25, 2023
- Florida Family Awarded Millions in Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuit
September 22, 2023
- Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client