$700,000 Recovery in Jetski Accident, Seminole County, Florida
John Doe, a minor, was enjoying an afternoon with his friends when he was invited to go jet skiing on Lake Howell by his friend's stepfather, Mr. Smith. It was alleged that Mr. Smith, the owner of the jet ski, negligently permitted a 13 year old to operate the watercraft in violation of Florida law. Further, it was alleged that Mr. Smith failed to adequately supervise the underage driver and permitted the minor to drive at an unsafe speed which endangered John Doe, then age 14, who was being towed behind the jet ski on a tube.
Doe was thrown from the tube and suffered a hip fracture. He went on to develop complications associated with the fracture and finally received surgery at Duke University Medical School.
Shortly before a trial, a settlement for $700,000.00 was achieved for the minor and was placed in a court supervised trust.
View More: Personal Injury Success Stories
- Three Injured in Crash Between Airboats in West Cocoa
January 14, 2019
- Boat Crash in Melbourne Results in Injury
January 8, 2019
- 15-Year-Old Dies in Florida Keys After Being Struck by Boat Propeller
September 9, 2018
- Florida Teenager Killed in Lake Whitney Jet Ski Accident
February 13, 2018
- Body of Missing Man Found in Lake Okeechobee
January 14, 2018
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3