$700,000 Recovery in Jetski Accident, Seminole County, Florida
John Doe, a minor, was enjoying an afternoon with his friends when he was invited to go jet skiing on Lake Howell by his friend's stepfather, Mr. Smith. It was alleged that Mr. Smith, the owner of the jet ski, negligently permitted a 13 year old to operate the watercraft in violation of Florida law. Further, it was alleged that Mr. Smith failed to adequately supervise the underage driver and permitted the minor to drive at an unsafe speed which endangered John Doe, then age 14, who was being towed behind the jet ski on a tube.
Doe was thrown from the tube and suffered a hip fracture. He went on to develop complications associated with the fracture and finally received surgery at Duke University Medical School.
Shortly before a trial, a settlement for $700,000.00 was achieved for the minor and was placed in a court supervised trust.
View More: Personal Injury Success Stories
- Pinellas County High-Speed Boat Crash Claims the Life of Local Teenager
November 3, 2020
- FWC Offering Reward for Information Surrounding Fatal Lake Monroe Boating Accident
September 11, 2020
- Cocoa Beach Hit-and-Run Boat Collision Injures Teenage Swimmer
July 5, 2020
- Three-Year-Old Dies in Kayak Accident Near Tampa
May 1, 2019
- Three People Killed and One Injured in Miami Beach Boating Accident
April 25, 2019
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3