Rental Car Accidents
Every year millions of people visit Florida for vacation and business. When they arrive, many head straight to the rental car office before hitting the roads of the Sunshine State.
Like any other motor vehicle, with rental cars, accidents still happen. Unlike other motor vehicle accidents, however, rental car accidents can become complex as they typically involve the rental company, multiple insurance adjusters, yourself and other drivers. On top of this you typically live out of state, and thus need to deal with a legal issue that is happening many miles away.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a rental car accident, there are specific steps you should take in order to protect your right to compensation:
- Seek immediate medical treatment, regardless of how you feel. Remember, many injuries will not manifest until after the accident when you’re back home.
- Take photographs of the accident scene and write down the names of any potential witnesses.
- Never speak to an insurance adjuster as they will likely try to record a statement that will be used out of context as a way of limiting your recovery.
The key to rental car accident claims is to understand the rental car agreement. And with all the fine print, this is no easy task. Most rental car agreements contain waivers, releases and consents that will quickly come into effect and complicate your claim. For example, if you are hit by a negligent driver who has no insurance or inadequate insurance, you will need to pursue the claim against the rental car company.
The compensation you receive will come down to the accident investigation. If you don’t live in Florida, it will be next to impossible for you to participate. This is why it is important that you seek the advice of a Florida rental car accident attorney. Your attorney will be able to evaluate your claim, determine who should be held liable, and manage the accident investigation process.
Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping Florida rental car accident victims receive justice and fair compensation for their injuries. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your rental car accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
- Four Children Injured in Brevard County School Bus Accident
May 23, 2019
- One Dead in Osceola County Hit-and-Run
May 21, 2019
- Head-On Lake County Crash Kills One, Critically Injuries Another
May 20, 2019
- $2 Billion Awarded to Couple in Monsanto Case
May 20, 2019
- Cyclist Killed After Being Struck by Pickup in Seminole County
May 19, 2019
- Over Two Billion Dollars Awarded to Couple in Monsanto Cancer Lawsuit
May 19, 2019
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3