Since cell phones have become a must-have personal communication tool, many studies have been conducted on how these devices affect our ability to operate all kinds of vehicles from motorcycles to 18-wheel tractor trailers. Every one of these studies confirmed what every driver already knows: talking or texting on cell phones while driving is dangerous, reckless and enhances the chances of causing and/or being involved in an auto accident significantly. These studies indicate that more than 81 percent of drivers acknowledge that this behavior is very risky and yet they continue to willfully put themselves and others at risk by talking and texting while driving. You don’t have to be a Florida cell phone accident attorney to know that using a cell phone while driving is negligent behavior.
Call 877-FL-INJURY or fill out a contact form to schedule a free consultation with Orlando cell phone accident lawyer James O. Cunningham!
Aggressive, Experienced Florida Cell Phone Accident Attorney
Everyone knows that distracted driving is a serious safety problem that needlessly claims thousands of lives and causes hundreds of thousands of injuries every year. Numbers illustrate the breadth and depth of the problem in ways that words do not. To provide a more complete picture of the scope of cell phone auto accident problems, consider the following cell phone accident statistics:
- Drivers talking on cell phones are responsible for causing nearly 25 percent of all auto accidents.
- One in five adult drivers admits that they text while driving.
- Auto accidents caused by distracted drivers claimed 6,000 lives and caused 500,000 injuries in 2008.
- People who text while driving are around six times more likely to cause an accident than a drunk driver is.
- People who send text messages while they drive increase their chances of being in a car accident by 23 percent.
- 84 percent of cell phone users believe that using a cell phone while driving increases their risk of being involved in an accident.
- Texting while driving causes a 400 percent increase in time spent with a driver’s eyes off the road.
Helping Cell Phone Accident Victims and Their Families
Just like driving drunk, talking and texting on a cell phone while driving is negligent behavior that puts other drivers and their passengers at unnecessary risk. Most drivers who engage in this negligent behavior acknowledge that it is risky, but do it anyway. If you or someone you care for has been injured or killed in a distracted driving accident, Florida cell phone accident lawyer James O. Cunningham may be able to help you recover damages. No monetary compensation can replace a life or reverse life-changing injuries, but it can help pay for medical bills, ongoing medical care, lost wages and other accident-related costs. To schedule a free consultation with Florida distracted driver attorney James O. Cunningham, call him today at 877-FL-INJURY.
- Orlando Car Accident Victim Files Florida Personal Injury Lawsuit
July 17, 2018
- Orange County Sergeant Rear-Ends Civilian Car
July 2, 2018
- Drag Racing Cars Crash in Orange County, One Hurt
June 29, 2018
- Orlando Carjacker Drags Owner, Crashes into Church
June 25, 2018
- Construction Vehicle Causes Crash on Florida Turnpike
June 20, 2018
- business5Walt Disney World Claims Department Employee
“I was involved in a motor vehicle accident where the other driver ran a red light and my car was a total loss. I was referred to James Cunningham due to the fact that our attorney’s have been very impressed with James Cunningham’s work. This fact turned out to be very true as Mr. Cunningham helped me win my case to a full and maximum settlement.”
- a Personal Injury client0.3