Amputations after an Auto Accident
Any type of motor vehicle accident is serious, but the injuries only become more serious when the vehicles are travelling faster. As a result of a high-speed motor vehicle impact, victims can suffer from serious injuries, including losing limbs, hands, fingers, feet or toes.
Amputation injuries leave the victim facing many damages, including medical bills, future medical costs, past and future wage loss and future physical limitations. Questions one is likely to encounter include:
- Will I be able to perform my work duties?
- Will the use of a prosthetic limb help me with my daily life?
- Will I require ongoing physical therapy?
- If I can’t do my job, will I have to go back to school or seek new employment training?
- How will I be able to pay for my medical expenses?
- How can I support my family?
- What can I do to get compensation for my losses?
The answer to all of these questions depends on many variables, but all can be answered by seeking the advice of an experienced motor vehicle accident attorney.
Your Legal Rights
The effect of an amputation can be devastating. Not only is there the immediate severe pain from the injury, there’s also the ongoing pain and drawn out recovery periods. On top of this there could be permanent limitations on your ability to complete basic, day-to-day tasks – not to mention the mental and psychological damage of losing a limb.
If you are the victim of a motor vehicle injury that resulted in an amputation, you have the legal right to seek compensation. When your amputation was caused by the negligent actions of another, then you can file a lawsuit to recover for your medical, hospitalization and therapy expenses.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may also be entitled to compensation for both current and future loss of wages. In some cases, you may be able to claim such non-economic damages as loss of consortium, pain and suffering and emotional distress.
Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping motor vehicle accident victims receive justice and fair compensation for their amputation injuries. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your motor vehicle accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
- Exploring Exactech Recalls: What You Need to Know About Defective Medical Devices
October 11, 2023
- Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Florida – What You Need To Know
September 25, 2023
- Florida Family Awarded Millions in Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuit
September 22, 2023
- Orlando Man Killed During Hit-and-Run Crash on Sand Lake Road
August 31, 2023
- Two Killed When Emergency Helicopter Crashes in Pompano Beach
August 29, 2023
- Two People Killed, One Injured During Multi-Vehicle Crash in Ocala
August 28, 2023
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3