James O. Cunningham
877-FL-INJURY (Toll Free)
fax: (407) 843-8274
email: Email Me
Since 1977, personal injury lawyer James Cunningham has provided effective legal advocacy to people who are injured through the negligent actions of another person or entity throughout the Central Florida area. He fights to obtain recoveries for his clients' physical and emotional pain and suffering and pursues his clients' personal injury cases with a commitment to excellence and impeccable preparation.
Mr. Cunningham has been certified by the Florida Bar as a Civil Trial Specialist since 1984 and achieved board certification as a Civil Trial Advocate with the National Board of Trial Advocates in 1985. In 1987 Jim was awarded the highest rating available for legal ability, ethics and diligence by Martindale-Hubbell, the Nation's oldest and most respected attorney rating system. In 2015, Jim became a Charter Fellow of the American College of Board Certified Attorneys. Since 1987 Mr. Cunningham has been a member of the Bar Register of Preeminent Personal Injury Lawyers by Martindale Hubbell. He is also a life member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Jim was again named a 2020 Florida Super Lawyer. Super Lawyers identifies the top 5% of attorneys in Florida, as chosen by their peers and through the independent research of Law & Politics.
In 1989, Mr. Cunningham was admitted to the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). ABOTA is a national organization comprised of lawyers who represent both individuals and insurance companies, health care providers and product manufacturers. Membership is limited to attorneys who have extensive jury trial experience and who exhibit "high personal character and honorable reputation."
Although there are over 6000 attorneys practicing law in the Central Florida area, there are only 75 members of the Central Florida Chapter of ABOTA. Mr. Cunningham was a charter member of the Central Florida Chapter and served as Chapter President in 1996. He was elected and served on ABOTA's National Board of Directors from 1999-2005.
In 2015, Mr. Cunningham was again selected as one of the Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in America, as published by Law Dragon 3000. This recognition is given to less than one-half of one percent of America's 1.1 million lawyers.
Mr. Cunningham has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes in Central Florida. He also holds a Seminary Degree in addition to his Juris Doctor from Florida State University College of Law. Jim and Joyce were instrumental in establishing a fund which provides scholarships for needy children to attend FCA camps in North Carolina. Jim and Joyce also served on the Board of Directors of Family First, an organization based in Tampa, Florida and dedicated to strengthening and improving Florida's families and they have been supporters of the local Habitat for Humanity.
Mr. Cunningham and his experienced and helpful staff are available to meet with you to counsel you concerning your legal rights. There is no charge for the initial consultation and if Mr. Cunningham accepts your case, he will charge no attorney fees or legal costs unless you make a financial recovery for your losses. Please call for your free appointment and put the legal experience of James O. Cunningham to work for you.
- Board Certified in Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy, by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist, The Florida Bar, 1984 - present
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1985 - present
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Trial Advocacy, Barry University College of Law , Orlando FL, 2009
- Board Certified Circuit Court Mediator, 1996-2004
- Florida, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida, 1977
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, 1973
- Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida, 1975
- Reformed Theological Seminary, 2003
- Leading Plaintiff's Lawyers in America, (Law Dragon 3000), 2007, 2008, 2009, 2015
- Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
- Florida Super Lawyers 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Bar Register of Preeminent Personal Injury Lawyers, Martindale-Hubble, 1987
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubble, 1987 - present
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers (2016-2017,2019)
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 1989 - present
- Charter Member, Central Florida Chapter
- Chapter President, 1996
- National Board of Directors, 1999 - 2005
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Justice Association
- FSU College of Law Alumni Association, 1987 - 1996
Board of Directors
- Florida Medical Malpractice Joint Underwriting Association, 1985 - 1987
Board of Governors
- Seminole County Car Accident Breaks BMW in Half, Killing Teen
August 2, 2020
- Orlando Man and Passenger Killed in Pileup Involving Multiple Vehicles
August 2, 2020
- Merritt Island Motorcyclist Killed in T-Bone Crash with Car
August 1, 2020
- Orlando Resident Killed in Wrong-Way Collision with Pickup Truck
July 29, 2020
- Orlando Nursing Home Under Fire for Treatment of Coronavirus Dementia Patient
July 26, 2020
- Elderly Bicyclist Injured in SUV Collision Near The Villages
July 25, 2020
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3