Limousine accidents are similar to any other type of auto accident in that they are caused by the negligence or recklessness of another driver. However, there is one important difference: limousines are usually for hire and thus the driver/owner is held to a higher standard of care and diligence in their driving and in ensuring your safety. On top of this, there are regulations pertaining to driver qualification and vehicle maintenance and standards.
When a limousine driver fails to exercise the ‘utmost care and diligence’ and/or the company has failed to provide a limousine suitable for use and these failures cause an accident, then the limousine company can be held legally liable for your injuries. When the accident is caused by the driver’s negligence, in order to recover damages you must show that their negligence was the cause of the accident and that the accident did in fact cause your injuries. When the accident was the result of the company’s failure to properly maintain the limousine, then the company can be held strictly liable regardless of fault.
If you or a loved one are the victim of a limousine accident, the most important thing for you to do is to seek immediate medical attention. Once your injuries have been properly treated, you should then contact an experienced limousine accident attorney to review your legal claim. It is important that you first talk to your attorney before talking to anyone else – especially the limousine company’s insurance provider. Remember, the insurance company works for the limousine service and is paid to do whatever they can to limit your recovery.
To best protect your legal rights following a limousine accident, it is advised that you also:
- Call the police and have them come to the accident scene and get a copy of all reports filed
- Seek medical attention and get copies of all reports filed
- Do not discuss the case with any other party
- Get the names and contact information of any potential witness
- Take pictures of the accident scene, the damaged limousine, your injuries, and any other damages
- Do not sign any medical release forms
- Contact an experienced attorney
Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping Florida limousine accident victims receive justice and fair compensation for their injuries. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for limo accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
- Broward County Crash Results in Several Fatalities
May 30, 2020
- Violent Crash at Marion Oaks Intersection Results in Single Fatality
May 30, 2020
- Johnson & Johnson Ceases Production of Talc-based Baby Powder Products
May 29, 2020
- Rollover Crash in Orlando Causes Massive Delays
May 28, 2020
- Crash in Marion County Results in Car Fire, Fatality, and Hospitalization
May 28, 2020
- Motorcyclist Dies After Crashing into Parked Car in Ormond Beach
May 27, 2020
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3