$1.5 million dollar recovery for electrical burns suffered by downed power lines - John Doe v. Sumter Electric
In the pre-dawn hours, John Doe and his companion were traveling down a dirt road in rural Sumter County, Florida on their way to their favorite fishing hole. As they traveled to the fishing hole, they encountered a tree which had been blown down the night before in a violent thunderstorm. As they attempted to move the tree from the road, Mr. Doe's left arm made contact with a live power line which had been knocked down by the tree causing severe electrical burns and the loss of his left hand.
Sumter Electric vigorously defended the case and alleged that it had no knowledge of the fact that a wire had been knocked down the night before in a remote location in the County and therefore they were not responsible. Shortly before trial, a $1.5 million dollar recovery was made for Mr. Doe to compensate him for his injuries, disfigurement, medical expenses and lost wages.
View More: Personal Injury Success Stories
- What You Need to Know About Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Florida
September 25, 2023
- Florida Family Awarded Millions in Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuit
September 22, 2023
- Orlando Man Killed During Hit-and-Run Crash on Sand Lake Road
August 31, 2023
- Two Killed When Emergency Helicopter Crashes in Pompano Beach
August 29, 2023
- Two People Killed, One Injured During Multi-Vehicle Crash in Ocala
August 28, 2023
- Twenty-Year-Old Driver Arrested for Deadly Polk County T-Bone Crash
August 25, 2023
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3