Causes of Trucking Accidents
Accidents involving semi-trucks, 18 wheelers and other large commercial trucks are often the most catastrophic types of accidents that individuals endure. If the accident victims survive, their injuries are almost always life-changing and will have a serious financial impact on their family in years to come. In order to recover the maximum compensation that is necessary for current and future needs, it is necessary to determine the cause of the truck accident and all potential liable persons.
Orlando attorney James O. Cunningham helps truck accident victims and their families find the answers they are searching for. Our law firm uses top experts and investigators to uncover all potential causes of the truck accident. We use our experience and dedication to hold negligent people and companies accountable. Contact our Orlando law firm for experienced representation in Central Florida.
Investigating the Causes of Truck Accidents
In many cases, there is not just one single factor which caused the accident. Rather, there may have been many contributing factors or instances of negligence. Our commitment to recovering full compensation drives our firm to pursue all possible causes, such as truck driver negligence, negligence on behalf of the trucking company or other forms of negligence. We investigate factors, such as:
- Driver logs: Was the driver being compelled to speed or drive excessively long hours causing driver fatigue?
- Chemical testing: Was the truck driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs, such as stay-awake drugs?
- Vehicle maintenance: Was the truck properly maintained? Were maintenance logs properly filled out?
- Vehicle parts: Did the truck manufacturer or distributor supply the truck with defective parts, such as defective tires, causing a tire blowout?
- Road conditions: Was the road properly maintained? Were there excessively dangerous conditions which may imply a defective road design?
- Hiring procedures: Did the truck company make a habit of hiring drivers with a criminal record or history of drug/alcohol abuse?
- Training procedures: Did insufficient training cause the truck to be loaded improperly which ultimately led to a semi rollover accident?
Recover the Compensation You Need and Deserve
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck wreck in Florida, you can count on our personal injury lawyer to locate all negligent parties and hold them accountable for their actions.
- Jackknifed Trailer Causes Massive Delays in Orange County
July 19, 2019
- Lake County Semi-Truck Crash Fatally Injures 22-Year-Old Man
July 18, 2019
- Tampa Crash Between Tanker Truck and Rental Scooter Results in Fatality
July 5, 2019
- St. Cloud Man Struck and Killed by Semi Truck
May 31, 2019
- Ten-Year-Old Struck and Killed by Semi-Truck in Orlando
April 28, 2019
- business5Walt Disney World Claims Department Employee
“I was involved in a motor vehicle accident where the other driver ran a red light and my car was a total loss. I was referred to James Cunningham due to the fact that our attorney’s have been very impressed with James Cunningham’s work. This fact turned out to be very true as Mr. Cunningham helped me win my case to a full and maximum settlement.”
- a Personal Injury client0.3