Florida House Fire | Orlando Accident & Injury Blog
A Port Orange woman died this past Thursday after a fire broke out inside of her home and she was unable to escape from the flames. According to an official report from the fire officials within the Port Orange Fire Department, the first reports of the fire came into the station at around 12:30 in the morning. These reports indicated that the flames and smoke were beginning to become visible at 1000 4th Street, within the city of Port Orange.
Orange County Fire Rescue personnel are currently investigating a house fire that is believed to be responsible for the hospitalization of at least one person inside of Orange County. Statements from this official organization indicate that they first received reports of the fire on Saturday, although it is not clear at what time the first calls to the OCFR reached the emergency response teams.
A family in Orange County barely escaped with their lives from a ferocious fire that consumed their home and damaged two other homes nearby on Wednesday, March 14th. It is not clear if the fire happened during the night or at some point during the day, but we do know that the flames were first noticed by one of the family’s neighbors. According to this individual, he noticed that flames were beginning to burst from the home’s windows and that the roof of the house was shrouded in thick billows of smoke that were starting to escape from the eaves.
Very early in the morning on the first day of March, a couple living in the Brevard County city of Satellite Beach were just preparing to climb into bed when the smoke alarm in their house began to go off. A spokesperson for the Satellite Beach Fire Department, Deputy Fire Chief Dave Abernathy, told reporters that after the two people heard the alarm, the smoke and flames immediately began to surround them. Grabbing what they could, the couple rushed out of the home and stood outside as the fire engines screamed into the area.
Last Tuesday, firefighters in Winter Park responded to early morning reports of a fire blazing at a home located at 102 Bell Place, close to both Lakemont and Aloma avenues. When the Winter Park Fire-Rescue Department arrived at the scene, they were confronted by the terrifying sight of orange and red flames already bursting through the home’s roof.
Firefighters in Casselberry responded to reports of a house fire on Thursday morning and rushed to the scene of the reported incident. When they arrived at the home located on Willow Bay Terrace, the firefighters with the Seminole County Fire Department said that they discovered an active blaze working its way through the garage of the home. The incident, which was reported around 12:05 in the morning, resulted in the fire crews battling the flames before they could spread through the garage and begin affecting the other homes nearby.
A fire at a private residence in Pine Hills was the cause of one hospitalization and one injured ankle early on Wednesday morning after firefighters with the Orange County Fire Rescue arrived to battle the flames.
A house fire located along Ravenall Avenue just after 5:00 in the morning last Thursday resulted in the Orlando Fire Department battling a wall of flame and the arrest of a 51-year-old Orlando man. According to the Orlando Police Department, Terry Wright was living in the home along with at least two other men at the time of the fire. While the Orlando Fire Department fought the flames, Wright walked up to an attending Orange County Deputy and indicated that he caused the fire and was now turning himself into the police.
Tuesday Evening marked the anniversary of our country’s independence. As always, this event lead to a tremendous amount of celebrating throughout the country, with people drinking, grilling, and lighting off fireworks. In Satellite Beach, in seems that this merrymaking may have led to a disastrous house fire that completely razed the home of an elderly woman. Although the official statement is not able to unequivocally state that fireworks were the cause of the fire, the details in the case seem to point in this direction.
The town of Malabar received a shock earlier in June when a fire consumed two-story house located at 855 Atz Road. The fire, which leveled the building, also took the lives of three individuals. Their bodies were discovered by members of the fire department after the flames were subdued and the destroyed building deemed enterable. Due to the violent nature of the house fire, the bodies were at first unidentifiable. However, after consulting dental records, the authorities are now certain that the three individuals who perished in the June 11th fire were the 39-year-old Chrissy Hughes, her sister, the 39-year-old Linda Woods, and Hughes’ son, the 9-year-old Sebastian Meachum.