It appears that a malfunction within a motor scooter’s braking system caused the death of a single person in a city close to Tampa on the night of Saturday, July 13th. Reports from the St. Petersburg Police Department indicated that the incident took place sometime around 10:00 at night, and that only the single vehicle was involved.
This past weekend, the El Monterey corporation issued a recall affecting over 246,000 pounds of their popular frozen breakfast wraps and burritos. The company stated that this recall came as the direct result of fears from the El Monterey corporation that their product may have been contaminated with small objects. Specifically, the corporation said that the objects one might now expect to find in certain types of its breakfast offerings were small rocks.
Fans of the pasta company called Ragú received a surprise when the company that owns Ragú, Mizkan America, issued a broad recall on a large swath of its product line over fears of contamination. In an announcement made on Saturday, June 15th, Mizkan America believes that there is a chance that a number of their products may contain slivers or splinters of plastic. While the company said that no consumer complaints or issues have yet been reported, and that the recall was made out of a desire to be overly-cautious, the fact remains that there are an untold number of people who have purchased Ragú sauces who remain unaware as to the potential health hazards.
The family of a 70-year-old woman from Volusia County is enraged at the lack of action taken by the KIA company as well as the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration for continuing to delay any action pertaining to assisting the woman after her home was destroyed and her pets killed after yet another KIA vehicle exploded in fire.
Yet another KIA is at the center of a vehicle fire that occurred suddenly when the car was not even on, and that nearly resulted in the destruction of a home. According to reports from the Kissimmee Fire Department, the incident in question happened sometime on Thursday, June 6th, while the 2017 KIA Sportage was parked in the driveway of a private residence. The couple that owned the car was inside the home at the time, but they were not the first to become aware of the fire.
On Thursday, February 7th, a couple in Polk County filed a class-action lawsuit that targeted Kia Motors. According to the couple, the lawsuit relates to a frightening incident that they experienced back in August of 2018 while they were driving their 2013 Kia Sorento down a road that was not named in the news stories conveying information regarding the lawsuit.
A massive recall recently affected Whole Foods stores throughout eight states, including Florida, after it was discovered that a batch of baby spinach that was used in numerous prepared salads and other food options might contain salmonella. The reports relating to this issue stated that the spinach all came from the same location: Satur Farms.
Kia and Hyundai owners are currently experiencing an alarming situation due to recent reports of vehicles within these families suddenly bursting into flames. According to the Senate Commerce Committee, there have been 563 registered complaints to the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration since 2014 regarding cars manufactured by Kia or Hyundai. According to all of these claims, cars from these two companies were bursting into flames without first having been involved in a collision. In many cases, the fires began while the cars were not even in use. It was also noted that out of all of these claims over 10% of them came from individuals living in Florida.
The 4th of July is, for many throughout America, a chance to enjoy a day off of work, have a couple beers, grill out, and watch fireworks. An additional activity also thrills millions across the nation: lighting off some fireworks of their own. While it is certainly exciting to put a match to a fuse and wait for the whistle and boom that follows, it is also true that many people do not fully appreciate just how dangerous this activity can be.
Paramedics and EMTs working within the city of Edgewater this past Intracoastal 4th of July were on hand to respond to an emergency call made after a firework exploded while still in the hand of a 13-year-old child. According to the report from Volusia County Deputies, the incident happened around 8:40 in the evening, while the child was with their family in a boat that was being piloted around an island that forms a part of the Three Sisters cluster. The boat was believed to be traveling through the Intracoastal Waterway when the incident took place.