Orlando premises liability lawyers | Orlando Accident & Injury Blog
A small Orange County business went up in flames early this month, resulting in an investigation by the Orange County Fire Rescue as well as other organizations within the area. According to the preliminary reports, primarily filed by the OCFR, the incident was first brought to the attention of the emergency response crews sometime around 5:00 in the morning. At that time, calls reached the emergency dispatchers for Orange County stating that smoke and flames were clearly visible coming from the Cars and More European Car Service Center, a local business that stands along a stretch of Colonial Drive lying near to Dean Road.
Members of the Ocala Fire Rescue are working to discover just what caused a disastrous fire within an apartment complex located within the city. Reports from the OFR indicated that the incident was first reported shortly before noon on Saturday, April 25th. It is not known who contacted the emergency personnel regarding the incident, but the call reported that one of the Steeples Apartments located along 2900 Southwest 41st Street was ablaze.
Firefighters throughout Southern Florida are reporting an increase in the number of calls they receive relating to house fires. While the precise reasons behind this rise is impossible to confirm, it is highly probable that the numbers reflect the dramatic rise in the number of people who are at home throughout the day due to coronavirus.
It was early in the morning of Friday, March 27th, that firefighters and other emergency response crews within Melrose began to receive reports of a house fire in Earleton. When the Melrose firefighters reached the address, they found the situation much as described in the reports. The home, located along Lake Sante Fe on a quiet stretch of County Road 1469, was in the process of being consumed by a violent and rapidly spreading fire.
During the very early morning of Thursday, December 26th, members of various first responder crews working within Orange County began receiving reports of a house fire at a home located along the 5800 block of Tomoka Drive. Reports from the Orange County Fire Rescue indicated that the calls began to arrive sometime around 2:00 in the morning. It is believed that the homeowner themselves was the first to notify the emergency response crews as to what was happening.
Wealthy, successful musicians are no strangers to front page news sort of events. In fact, one might say that this is all part of showbiz. However, sometimes these events are hardly what can be counted among what the entertainer anticipated when they set out on the path to stardom. Such is the case for the mega-star Marc Anthony who had docked their 120-foot yacht at a well-known marina located just off of Watson Island.
A visitor to the Central Florida Zoo located in the city of Sanford was injured on Monday, November 25th, after the mini train on which they were riding became derailed and rolled off of the tracks. Initial reports from the zoo itself stated that the train was traveling along its prescribed route close to 1:00 in the afternoon when, for reasons that are currently under investigation, it suddenly stopped. This abrupt action resulted in the car at the tail end of the train to jump off of the tracks and roll over.
A family staying inside of Orange County received a tremendous shock on the afternoon of Thursday, August 1st, after their 8-year-old child fell out of a window located on the hotel’s third floor. According to reports from the Orange County Fire Rescue team that responded to the incident, the family in question was staying at the Extended Stay Hotel along Palm Parkway. It is believed that the family of the child are from the UK and have been visiting the Orange County area for a few weeks. It is not known how many other people are in the family.
A lightning strike is believed to be behind a destructive house fire that consumed a home in Orange County on either Sunday, July 28th, or Monday, July 29th. What we know so far is that the incident took place during a large storm that moved through the area over the end of the weekend. This storm included powerful bolts of lightning that were blasting from the clouds down to the ground.
A flat iron used for straightening hair is being blamed for a fire that broke out inside of popular hotel close to SeaWorld Orlando and resulted in around 1,000 people being evacuated from the building. According to reports from the Orange County Fire Rescue team who responded to the emergency call that came from the building, the fire broke out on Thursday, July 24th. Early news reports failed to state at what time the fire broke out, and it is not clear if it was during the day, when many of the guests would have been elsewhere, or at night, when the occupants of the rooms would have been settling in for bed.