Orlando premises liability lawyers
During the very early morning of Thursday, December 26th, members of various first responder crews working within Orange County began receiving reports of a house fire at a home located along the 5800 block of Tomoka Drive. Reports from the Orange County Fire Rescue indicated that the calls began to arrive sometime around 2:00 in the morning. It is believed that the homeowner themselves was the first to notify the emergency response crews as to what was happening.
Wealthy, successful musicians are no strangers to front page news sort of events. In fact, one might say that this is all part of showbiz. However, sometimes these events are hardly what can be counted among what the entertainer anticipated when they set out on the path to stardom. Such is the case for the mega-star Marc Anthony who had docked their 120-foot yacht at a well-known marina located just off of Watson Island.
A visitor to the Central Florida Zoo located in the city of Sanford was injured on Monday, November 25th, after the mini train on which they were riding became derailed and rolled off of the tracks. Initial reports from the zoo itself stated that the train was traveling along its prescribed route close to 1:00 in the afternoon when, for reasons that are currently under investigation, it suddenly stopped. This abrupt action resulted in the car at the tail end of the train to jump off of the tracks and roll over.
A family staying inside of Orange County received a tremendous shock on the afternoon of Thursday, August 1st, after their 8-year-old child fell out of a window located on the hotel’s third floor. According to reports from the Orange County Fire Rescue team that responded to the incident, the family in question was staying at the Extended Stay Hotel along Palm Parkway. It is believed that the family of the child are from the UK and have been visiting the Orange County area for a few weeks. It is not known how many other people are in the family.
A lightning strike is believed to be behind a destructive house fire that consumed a home in Orange County on either Sunday, July 28th, or Monday, July 29th. What we know so far is that the incident took place during a large storm that moved through the area over the end of the weekend. This storm included powerful bolts of lightning that were blasting from the clouds down to the ground.
A flat iron used for straightening hair is being blamed for a fire that broke out inside of popular hotel close to SeaWorld Orlando and resulted in around 1,000 people being evacuated from the building. According to reports from the Orange County Fire Rescue team who responded to the emergency call that came from the building, the fire broke out on Thursday, July 24th. Early news reports failed to state at what time the fire broke out, and it is not clear if it was during the day, when many of the guests would have been elsewhere, or at night, when the occupants of the rooms would have been settling in for bed.
Two individuals living in the town of Bithlo are recovering from a sudden and aggressive fire that consumed the home in which they were living. Thankfully, both of the people as well as a dog that was living in the home were able to escape safely, but the home itself was declared to be a total loss. It is not known if the individuals were able to pull out any of their personal belongings before the fire consumed them.
On Monday, April 29th, the Orange County Fire Rescue began to receive reports of a fire burning at a location along Jetstream Drive. Fire rescue crews immediately departed from numerous locations throughout Orange County in order to reach the site of the blaze and extinguish the flames before they spread too far. The crews were also unsure of whether or not any individuals were inside of the building they were trying to access, and this likely led to an even greater deal of trepidation on the part of the firefighters making their way across the county.
A plant nursery that officials are claiming had lain abandoned for several years erupted into flames late on the night of Thursday, April 4th, prompting a vast and immediate response from crews with the Orange County Fire Rescue. Statements from officials indicate that the abandoned building was located at 4349 Hiawassee Road and that the first reports of what was happening began to reach emergency personnel sometime around 11:45 at night. It is not clear who first reported on the incident or if these individuals gave the emergency response teams any indication as to what happened to cause a fire in the first place.
Police and other authorities in Orange County are looking into reports that an exploding van is behind a recent fire that took place in Pine Hills on Friday, March 8th, and that resulted in the destruction of a family’s home. Reports from the Orange County Fire Rescue indicated that the incident was reported along the 5000 block of Bonnie Brae Circle sometime on Friday, and that emergency response crews rushed to the scene as soon as the calls began to reach the call center regarding the incident. When they arrived, the firefighters discovered a home as well as two vehicles that were both engulfed in flames. It is believed that seven people total lived in the home at the time of the fire but that at least one of them, a 9-year-old boy, was at school when the incident took place.