Slip and Fall Accidents in Hotels
The owners of public property, such as hotels, are required to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition so that guests can enjoy the conveniences of the hotel. If the property owners fail to do so and this negligence causes physical harm, the owners may be liable for the costs of the injury.
A slip and fall accident in a hotel may be caused by a variety of factors. Improper cleaning techniques may leave floors unusually slippery. Failure to install non-slip strips in showers may create dangerously slick conditions in a shower. Poor maintenance may render sidewalks or corridors unsafe for public use. Temporary obstructions clutter and renovation debris may also create unsafe conditions in both the public areas of a hotel as well as the individual rooms.
A hotel slip and fall accident lawsuit hinges on four factors that must be proven in court:
- A dangerous or unsafe condition must exist at the hotel. While this is often a permanent condition such as damaged flooring, some temporary conditions can create slippery walkways.
- The owners or managers of the hotel must be aware of the hazardous condition or should have been aware of the condition as responsible hotel professionals.
- An injury must have been suffered. In court, this is usually substantiated through hospital bills, doctor’s statements and other official records.
- The injury must have been caused by the hazardous conditions present at the time of the accident. If a slip and fall accident is partially the fault of the person injured, then the amount of compensation required of the premises owner may be reduced by an amount proportionate to the fault of the injured party.
Have you been injured in a slip and fall accident in a hotel, nursing home, hospital, or other public place? You may be able to recover the costs of your injury. James O. Cunningham is a slip and fall attorney with over three decades experience representing the interests of slip and fall accident victims. Please contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A. today and set up a consultation about your case.
- Deadly Two-Car Crash in Marion County Kills Summerfield Man on U.S. 441
April 18, 2021
- Kissimmee Man Killed in Head-on Collision on Winter Garden Vineland Road
April 13, 2021
- AAA Releases Results of Study into Florida Wrong-Way Collisions
April 12, 2021
- New York Federal Judge Killed in Boca Raton Hit-and-Run Crash
April 11, 2021
- Toddler Severely Injured During Pinellas County Motorcycle Crash
April 11, 2021
- 18-Year-Old Killed in Hit-and-Run Crash on S.R. 408 Near Orlando
April 8, 2021
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3