$1.2 Million Wrongful Death Recovery in Brevard County, Florida
Jim Cunningham represented a Circuit Court judge whose minor daughter was killed when the driver of the van she was riding in lost control causing the van to rollover and the young lady to be ejected. The accident occurred in Georgia as the vehicle was traveling to a church camp in North Carolina.
The defense sought to have Georgia law apply to this cause of action. Georgia law would have severely limited the parents legal rights. The trial judge agreed with attorney Cunningham and applied Florida law to the cause of action even though the accident in Georgia.
The recovery was significantly impacted by the Defendants arguments that if the young lady had been wearing her seatbelt she would not have been ejected and killed.
View More: Personal Injury Success Stories
- 85-Year-Old Crashes Car Through Orange County Restaurant
January 21, 2019
- Single Car Crash Near Tampa on NYE Leaves One Dead
January 6, 2019
- Florida Woman Crashes Car with Unbuckled Child in Passenger Seat
August 20, 2018
- Dangerous Orange County Road to Receive Overhaul
July 30, 2018
- Multiple Teens Involved in Florida Car Crash
July 24, 2018
- business5Walt Disney World Claims Department Employee
“I was involved in a motor vehicle accident where the other driver ran a red light and my car was a total loss. I was referred to James Cunningham due to the fact that our attorney’s have been very impressed with James Cunningham’s work. This fact turned out to be very true as Mr. Cunningham helped me win my case to a full and maximum settlement.”
- a Personal Injury client0.3