Carnival Cruise Ship Accidents
When getting ready to head out on a relaxing Carnival cruise, the last thing you want to think about is what to do if something goes wrong on your holiday. But if you read the papers or watch the news, you are well aware of the fact that on cruises, accidents do happen – sometimes too often. Common accidents that cause injuries on Carnival cruises include: slip and falls, falling overboard, burns, food poisoning, infections, drowning, assaults, and other forms of personal injury.
According to the law, you may be legally entitled to compensation for the injuries you sustained while on a Carnival cruise. This includes compensation for:
- Medical treatment for all of your injuries
- Future medical care required for ongoing treatment
- Outstanding medical bills
- Loss wages due to not being able to work
- Pain and suffering
However, that being said, actually getting this compensation from Carnival cruises can be a complex and frustrating ordeal. First, you must demonstrate that Carnival was responsible, or negligent, for your injuries. To accomplish this, you must show that the ship somehow failed to take reasonable steps to ensure your safety and prevent the injury. Second, even when you can prove this, other legal issues unique to cruise ship claims will arise. For example, if you look at the fine print on your Carnival cruise ticket, you will see that you have a limited time to file your claim, usually one year from the date of injury. Furthermore, Carnival will explicitly state where you are required to file your claim against them.
When injured on a Carnival cruise, the last thing you want to worry about is proving liability, deciding where to file a claim at trying to navigate the issue of statute of limitations. Instead, you need to focus on getting the proper care and treatment needed to fully recover from your injuries. This is why it is advised that you seek the support of an experienced cruise ship accident attorney.
Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping cruise ship accident victims get the compensation they deserve from Carnival cruise. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A. at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
- Engine Breaks Off Vehicle During Multi-Car Crash in Kissimmee
January 27, 2023
- Head-On Crash in Deltona Kills 48-Year-Old SUV Passenger
January 25, 2023
- DUI Hit-and-Run Suspect Crashes into Local Dentist’s Office in Ocala
January 25, 2023
- One Dead, Several Injured After Multi-Vehicle Crash in Charlotte County
January 24, 2023
- Kissimmee Man Killed During Motorcycle Accident in Orange County
January 23, 2023
- Head-On Car Crash Kills Two on State Road 60 in Osceola County
January 20, 2023
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3