You’re sailing the ocean blues, relaxing on deck and soaking in the sun while enjoying a dream cruise ship vacation. Suddenly, you feel a little off in your stomach. You try to ignore it but it just gets worse. Before long, you are unable to leave your bed and are spending the rest of your holiday seeking medical attention. The culprit: food poisoning.
Food poisoning is an all too common occurrence on cruise ships. Whether the food poisoning is a minor incident or leads to a serious medical condition, it is painful, embarrassing and stressful – and not what you signed up for when you set off on your cruise! Not only does food poisoning ruin your cruise vacation, it also leads to medical expenses and, in extreme cases, the costs of an emergency evacuation from the cruise ship. For this reason, you have the legal right to be compensated for your cruise ship food poisoning accident injuries.
Unfortunately, food poisoning injury claims are complex, involving multiple disciplines including medicine, biology, epidemiology, sanitation, food safety and the law. In order to be compensated for your injuries, pain and suffering and costs, you need to prove that the cruise ship was responsible for the food poisoning. To do this, you need to prove three things:
- The cruise ship did something wrong in regards to processing, preparing, storing, handling or serving the food and thus, are at fault
- The fault of the cruise ship is what caused the food to become contaminated and that the contaminated food is what actually caused your illness
- As a result of consuming this contaminated food, you suffered damages
As if dealing with proving responsibility for your food poisoning wasn’t enough, the process of filing a claim against a cruise ship is frustrating – at best. When bringing a claim against a cruise company, you will likely run into issues pertaining to jurisdiction, the applicability of maritime law, liability and statute of limitations.
Instead of throwing up your hands in defeat, seek the counsel of an experienced cruise ship accident attorney to discuss your food poisoning. Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping cruise ship accident victims receive justice and fair compensation. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your food poisoning injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
Types of Cruise Ship Accidents & Injuries
- Child Suffers Fatal Injuries After Car Crash with a Citrus County School Bus
May 16, 2021
- Broward County Bicycle Collision Claims the Life of Local Teenager
May 14, 2021
- Six People Injured in Two-Car Crash Near Orlando International Airport
May 10, 2021
- Two Injured and Two Killed in Deadly Multi-Vehicle Pileup in Orlando
May 7, 2021
- Beloved Central Florida Chef Killed in Winter Springs Motorcycle Crash
May 2, 2021
- Teenager Killed in Head-On Collision in Orange County
April 29, 2021
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3