Molestations and Rapes due to Inadequate/Negligent Security
If you have experienced a sexual assault, molestation or rape on a cruise ship as a result of the cruise ship failing to provide proper security, then you have the right to be compensated for your injuries. When you can show that the assault was caused by the cruise ship’s failure to provide the security needed to properly prevent and/or respond to your assault, then you can file a claim against them.
Sexual assault, molestation and rape are all a type of physical assault. In general, a sexual assault is defined as involuntary sexual contact that occurs through the actors use of force, coercion or the victim’s incapacitation (i.e., when the victim does not have the mental capability of comprehending the nature of the acts or physically unable to indicate their unwillingness to participate). In other words, sexual assault, including rape and molestation, is the nonconsensual sexual contact between two people.
What to Do
If you are the victim of a cruise ship sexual assault, it is recommended that you take the following stops:
- Do not shower, wash your clothes, or change the bedding until after you have reported the incident and all potential evidence is properly examined by a professional
- Immediately report the incident to the cruise ship’s security
- Insist that the crime scene be secured until the arrival of law enforcement officials
- Seek immediate medical help
- As soon as possible, contact the FBI and US Coast Guard
- Get the names of all crew involved and of all potential witnesses
- Take photos of any physical injuries and of the crime scene
If you were a cruise ship passenger who became a victim of sexual assault, molestation or rape as a result of the ship’s inadequate or negligent security, it is important to consult the advice of an experienced cruise ship accident attorney. Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping cruise ship accident victims receive justice and fair compensation for sexual assaults caused by inadequate and negligent security. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your cruise ship accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
Types of Cruise Ship Accidents & Injuries
- Violent Car Crash in Pinellas County Kills Two Children
August 1, 2021
- 23-Year-Old Suspect Arrested After Fatal Hit-and-Run Scooter Accident in Tampa
July 31, 2021
- Driver Suffers Medical Episode Shortly Before Flagler County Car Crash
July 31, 2021
- Multi-Million Dollar Settlement Awarded for South Florida Car Crash Victims
July 29, 2021
- Daytona Beach Pedestrian Killed in Multi-Vehicle Collision on I-95
July 28, 2021
- Florida Turnpike Tractor-Trailer Crash Kills Two Near Boynton Beach
July 25, 2021
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3