Do I Need to Hire a Florida Attorney if I Live in Another State?
Cruise ship accidents claims are complex, drawn out and frustrating procedures. Although technically an injury resulting from a cruise ship accident falls under the area of personal injury law, because of their unique nature cruise ship accident claims are a niche, specialized area of the law. If you are the victim of a cruise ship accident, there are no laws that say you must hire a Florida attorney. However, you should hire an attorney experienced in handling cruise ship accident claims. Chances are, you’re not going to find too many attorneys specializing in this field in Iowa. Thus, in order to ensure that your right to compensation is fully protected, you should always work with an experienced Florida cruise ship accident attorney.
Only a Florida cruise ship accident attorney will know how to deal with all the complexities involved in filing a typical cruise ship accident claim. These issues include:
- Jurisdiction: The determination of which country’s laws apply to your cruise ship accident claim depends on where the cruise ship is registered.
- Maritime Law: As the injury most likely occurred at sea, maritime law could apply.
- Statute of Limitations: Most cruise ship accident claims must be filed within one year of the incident or they will be barred from court.
- Liability: Cruises often involve numerous companies and providers – the owner, the operating company, the travel agency, etc. Determining who is liable for your injuries can be difficult.
Clearly, cruise ship accident claims involve legal issues not found in other areas of personal injury law. Therefore, it is not enough to depend on an attorney with general personal injury accident experience. To truly understand how to navigate the many legal hurdles found in a cruise ship accident claim, you need a Florida attorney with specialized experience in litigating cruise ship injury claims.
Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping cruise ship accident victims receive justice and fair compensation. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your cruise ship accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
Types of Cruise Ship Accidents & Injuries
- Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Florida – What You Need To Know
September 25, 2023
- Florida Family Awarded Millions in Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuit
September 22, 2023
- Orlando Man Killed During Hit-and-Run Crash on Sand Lake Road
August 31, 2023
- Two Killed When Emergency Helicopter Crashes in Pompano Beach
August 29, 2023
- Two People Killed, One Injured During Multi-Vehicle Crash in Ocala
August 28, 2023
- Twenty-Year-Old Driver Arrested for Deadly Polk County T-Bone Crash
August 25, 2023
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3