Cruise Ship Slip, Trip and Fall Accidents
Slip, trip and fall accidents can happen anywhere – including during your dream cruise vacation. When your slip, trip and fall accident occurs because of the cruise ship’s failure to remedy a dangerous condition, then you can bring a claim against them for compensation for your injuries.
Like any slip, trip and fall injury, when your injury occurs on a cruise ship you must demonstrate that the cruise ship was in some way negligent. According to the law, the owner of a business – such as a cruise ship – has a duty to maintain all publicly accessible areas of the ship in a safe condition for all authorized passengers. In fact, if the owner knows that there is an unsafe condition on the ship, then they also have a duty to warm all authorized passengers. In order to be compensated for your cruise ship slip, trip and fall accident injuries, you must demonstrate that the cruise ship failed in performing one of these duties. To do this, you must show that:
- The ship owner owed you a duty of care. As a paying customer, you have permission to be on the ship. However, if your injury occurred in clearly unauthorized parts of the ship, there may not be a duty of care.
- The ship owner failed in performing their duty of care.
- Because of this failure, you suffered a slip and fall accident.
- As a result of your slip and fall accident, you sustained injuries.
Slip, trip and fall accident claims are always complex, but even more so when they occur on a cruise ship. This is because cruise ships raise numerous complex legal questions, including:
- Which country has jurisdiction over your slip, trip and fall accident injury?
- Whether or not maritime law is applicable?
- Who is liable for your injuries (the ship owner, the travel agency, the cruise operator)?
- How long do you have to file your claim for compensation?
In order to get the compensation you deserve for your cruise ship slip, trip and fall accident injuries, it is important to consult the advice of an experienced cruise ship accident attorney. Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping cruise ship accident victims receive justice and fair compensation for their slip, trip and fall injuries. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your cruise ship accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
Types of Cruise Ship Accidents & Injuries
- Engine Breaks Off Vehicle During Multi-Car Crash in Kissimmee
January 27, 2023
- Head-On Crash in Deltona Kills 48-Year-Old SUV Passenger
January 25, 2023
- DUI Hit-and-Run Suspect Crashes into Local Dentist’s Office in Ocala
January 25, 2023
- One Dead, Several Injured After Multi-Vehicle Crash in Charlotte County
January 24, 2023
- Kissimmee Man Killed During Motorcycle Accident in Orange County
January 23, 2023
- Head-On Car Crash Kills Two on State Road 60 in Osceola County
January 20, 2023
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3