Cruise Ship Waterslide Accidents
Today’s cruise ships seem to have everything, from multiple restaurants to dancing clubs, state-of-the-art exercise areas, swimming pools and even waterslides. But when you laying on the deck and soaking in the sun, the last thing on your mind is what to do if you or a loved when is injured.
If you read the headlines, you may be aware of the many types of injuries that can occur on a cruise ship. From food poisoning to norovirus, the unfortunate truth is that injuries and accidents are a common occurrence on cruise ships. One of the main culprits to cruise ship accidents may be right in front of you: the waterslide.
Common causes of waterslide injuries include:
- An improperly designed or maintained waterslide
- A waterslide that is not properly filled
- A defect in the waterslide
When such a condition exists, the result can be the rider going down the slide too fast, striking their head against the hard side or, in worse cases, being thrown over the slide’s edge. Another common cause of waterslide injuries are when the company fails to properly warn riders of potential dangers and risks involved. On cruise ships, pool areas are typically staffed with lifeguards. In such cases, if the lifeguard or other designated employee fails to provide adequate supervision, then the company may be held responsible for your injuries.
When a cruise ship in some way acts negligent in regards to their waterslide you can experience a serious injury, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Skull fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Chest or heart injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones
When you or a loved when have suffered from a water slide injury as a result of a failure by the cruise company, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries. The first step it to seek the counsel of an experienced cruise ship accident attorney to discuss your water slide accident. Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping cruise ship accident victims receive justice and fair compensation. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your water slide accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
Types of Cruise Ship Accidents & Injuries
- Stay Safe at the 83rd Annual Daytona Beach Bike Week
February 29, 2024
- What to Do If You’ve Been Injured in a Daytona Beach Bike Week Accident
February 27, 2024
- Staying Safe at Daytona Beach Bike Week 2024: Tips to Prevent Motorcycle Accidents
February 25, 2024
- Navigating Daytona Beach Bike Week 2024: Protecting Your Rights After a Motorcycle Accident
February 21, 2024
- New Research Links Camp Lejeune Water Contamination to Several Types of Cancer
February 1, 2024
- Exploring Exactech Recalls: What You Need to Know About Defective Medical Devices
October 11, 2023
- Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client