Cruise Ship Accidents and Injuries
Taking a cruise into the tropics is the dream vacation for many. The allure of secluded islands, swimming pools on the ship deck and luxury accommodations is at the same time both adventurous and nostalgic. Whether you’re a single looking to mingle, a couple seeking a romantic getaway or a family planning a special holiday, cruises remain a popular vacation choice. This is why it is simply tragic that so many of these ‘trips of a lifetime’ spiral into a nightmare due to common cruise ship accidents and injuries.
If you have read the news recently you are likely well aware of the various accidents and injuries that can occur while enjoying a cruise vacation. Common cruise ship accidents and injuries include:
- Slip, trip and fall injuries
- Falling overboard
- Burn injuries
- Food poisoning
- Norovirus infections
- Swimming pool accidents
- Waterslide accidents
- Dock accidents
- Falling object accidents
- Physical assault due to inadequate or negligent security
- Sexual assaults, molestations and rapes due to inadequate or negligent security
- Legionnaires’ disease from swimming pools and hot tubs
As if a cruise ship accident or injury isn’t enough, the legal process of filing a claim for compensation is often complex and always frustrating. Common issues that arise in filing a claim for a cruise ship accident or injury include:
- Jurisdiction: where you can file your claim depends on where the cruise ship company is registered – meaning you will likely have to bring your suit in a foreign country.
- Maritime Law: since the accident occurred at sea, maritime law may be applicable.
- Liability: Cruises involve numerous players, from the cruise ship owner to the operator and the travel agency. Determining who is liable for your injuries can be challenging.
- Statute of Limitations: Most cruises enforce strict time limitations on your right to take action for accidents and injuries. If you read the fine print of your cruise ticket, it probably states that this period is as little as one year.
Before you become overwhelmed and frustrated by these layers of complexities, it is important to discuss your cruise ship accident or injury with an experienced cruise ship accident attorney. Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping cruise ship accident victims receive justice and fair compensation. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your cruise ship accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
Types of Cruise Ship Accidents & Injuries
- Lake County Man Killed in Hydroplane Crash on County Road 48
September 29, 2022
- Motorcyclist Killed During T-Bone Crash with Pickup Truck in Largo
September 28, 2022
- Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Claims Rise to Nearly 5,000 in Recent Weeks
September 27, 2022
- Biker Killed During Collision with Minivan in Orange County
September 26, 2022
- Florida Deputy Killed During Construction Site Hit-and-Run Crash
September 23, 2022
- Passenger Killed During Multi-Vehicle Crash in Osceola County
September 22, 2022
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3