Tampa Cruise Ship Accidents
What starts out as a relaxing holiday cruise can quickly turn into a nightmare. If recent headlines are of any indication, cruise ship accidents are becoming alarmingly commonplace. But what the headlines don’t tell you is that collecting the compensation you deserve for your cruise ship accident injuries is a complex exercise in frustration.
Key points to keep in mind when preparing your Tampa cruise ship accident claim include:
- Maritime Law: Since most cruise ship accidents occur on international waters, maritime law may apply. Maritime law is a particular area of law with its own regulations and procedures and requires specialized legal knowledge.
- Jurisdiction: Just because you signed up for a Tampa cruise doesn’t mean you will file a Tampa legal claim. Who has jurisdiction over your claim depends on the registration of the cruise ship. Often times cruise ships are registered in foreign countries, meaning that if your cruise ship accident occurred on a Bermuda registered cruise ship, the laws of Bermuda will govern your claim.
- Defendant: The issue of who to bring your claim against is not so often a clear cut case. This is because cruise companies typically operate under a very complex corporate structure involving numerous companies, subsidiaries and joint ventures. Determining who is liable for your injuries can be both challenging and time consuming.
- Statute of Limitations: When you purchased your cruise ticket it likely came with pages of fine print. Somewhere in there you will find a statement limiting your right to bring legal action for any injury caused by the cruise company to one year – or less!
To ensure you are able to navigate through this complex legal environment and get the compensation you are entitled to, it is essential that you seek the expertise of an experienced Tampa cruise ship accident attorney. Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping Tampa cruise ship accident victims receive justice and fair compensation. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your cruise ship accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 813-355-9772 for a free initial consultation.
Types of Cruise Ship Accidents & Injuries
- Broward County Crash Results in Several Fatalities
May 30, 2020
- Violent Crash at Marion Oaks Intersection Results in Single Fatality
May 30, 2020
- Johnson & Johnson Ceases Production of Talc-based Baby Powder Products
May 29, 2020
- Rollover Crash in Orlando Causes Massive Delays
May 28, 2020
- Crash in Marion County Results in Car Fire, Fatality, and Hospitalization
May 28, 2020
- Motorcyclist Dies After Crashing into Parked Car in Ormond Beach
May 27, 2020
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3