Port Canaveral (Cape Canaveral) Cruise Ship Accidents
If you are a Port Canaveral cruise ship passenger who has experienced in injury while on a cruise ship vacation, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. However, cruise ship accident claims generally involve complex legal matters, meaning it is well advised that you consult the advice of an experienced cruise ship accident attorney.
Following a cruise ship accident, you should first take the following steps:
- Have somebody take photos of the dangerous condition that caused your accident.
- Immediately report the accident or assault to ship officials, such as a security officer. Be sure the security officer writes a written report of the incident. Always get a copy of the accident report.
- Get the names of anyone who may have seen your accident, they could potentially serve as witnesses in your claim. Have these potential witnesses write down what they saw. Be sure to get the contact information (email, phone, and mailing address) of all potential witnesses.
- Seek immediate medical help, either in the ship infirmary or on land.
- Obtain the names of any personnel who helped you, including medical help and doctors, and get copies of any related documentation.
- Take as many photos of the accident scene before the area is cleaned up or the dangerous condition remedied.
- Send written notice of your intent to file a claim against the cruise ship, in accordance with the statute of limitations stated on your cruise ship ticket.
- Contact a Port Canaveral cruise ship accident attorney.
This last point is particularly important as cruise ship accident claims are anything but your average personal injury case. For example, because most cruise ship accidents occur on water, maritime law may apply. In addition, you will face issues on time limitations, jurisdiction and multiple defendants.
To ensure you successfully navigate the waters of cruise ship accident claims and get the compensation you deserve, contact a Port Canaveral cruise ship accident attorney today. Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping Port Canaveral cruise ship accident victims receive justice and fair compensation. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your Florida cruise ship accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
Types of Cruise Ship Accidents & Injuries
Personal Injury Blog
- Local Resident Killed During Crash with Pickup in Leesburg
May 27, 2023
- Pedestrian Accident Seriously Injures Citrus County Deputy
May 25, 2023
- Street Racing Crash Kills Pickup Truck Driver in Hillsborough County
May 24, 2023
- Polk County Hit-and-Run on U.S. 27 Severely Injures Three People
May 23, 2023
- Motorcyclist Killed During Crash with Pickup in Osceola County
May 22, 2023
- Driver Killed During Head-On Crash with Dump Truck in Manatee County
May 16, 2023
Verdicts & Settlements
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3