U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Hoverboards, once believed to be the transportation of the future, have taken a long time to come into existence. Even though many of us were ready to do whatever it took after seeing Back to the Future 2 to get our hands on a hoverboard, it has only been recently that this somewhat magical transportation method has come into existence. There are, however, some kinks that need working through, hence the massive recall.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recently announced a recall affecting two models of Champion Power Equipment portable generators sold at Costco stores due to fire hazards. The CPSC issued the recalls due to fuel leaks from some carburetors posing a serious fire risk. Both Champion Power Equipment models affected by the recall feature a back frame with yellow and black control panels, a bar handle and two wheels. Costco estimates that around 8,600 of the faulty generators have been sold exclusively at their stores throughout the U.S. from December 2011 through July 2012 for around $699. The models affected by the recall include number 41332 and number 41532.
In a move that surprised James O. Cunningham and other Orlando product liability lawyers, stroller manufacturer Kolcraft, along with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), recently issued a voluntary recall of more than 36,000 strollers due to an amputation hazard. The recall affects 36,000 Kolcraft strollers sold in the U.S. and another 270 sold in Canada. According to the CPSC report, the fingertips of at least three children have been amputated and two adults suffered smashed fingers when they locked or unlocked the hinge mechanism on Kolcraft Contours Options strollers. The mechanism is used to adjust the handlebars on the strollers, and users’ fingers can be smashed or cut deeply by the metal.
Orlando personal injury attorney James O. Cunningham would like to alert Florida parents and grandparents about a recall that affects children’s swimwear due to a potential strangulation hazard. Build-A-Bear Workshop of St. Louis, in connection with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Health Canada, has recently announced that their Swimwear Set With Inflatable Inner Tube is being voluntarily recalled and parents who own these garments should stop using them immediately. Any retailers who have this product on their shelves are ordered by the CPSC to remove this product immediately as it is illegal to resell or attempt to resell any recalled product.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is alerting parents about possible suffocation risks associated with using two models of infant slings manufactured by Infantino LLC, of San Diego, CA. The “SlingRider” and “Wendy Bellissimo” models of Infantino infant slings have been recalled in the U.S. and Canada. Parents of children younger than four months of age are cautioned to discontinue using these models of infant slings due to a risk of suffocation and contact the manufacturer for a free replacement.
A recent recall affected popular children’s lamp due to a defect that causes the lamp to catch fire. This article reports that models of Discovery Kids Animated Marine and Safari Lamps were recalled after the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission learned that the lamp’s manufacturer had received nine reports of problems with the lamp. The Discovery Kids Lamp recall occurred on February 9 after reports of at least seven of the lamps catching fire. The fires reportedly caused at least three separate incidents of property damage and smoke inhalation injuries to one child.