Orange County Division of Building Safety codes
The Orange-Osceola Medical Examiner recently issued a ruling in the death of an 11-year-old girl from Latham, NY, at a southwest Orange County miniature golf course. The autopsy revealed that the child was accidentally electrocuted when she reached into a small pond to retrieve a golf ball. The girl was playing mini golf around 2 p.m. at the Orange Lake Resort on Irlo Bronson Highway when her ball went into a small concrete pond around two feet deep. She cried out after reaching into the water but was unable to pull herself back out.