Daytona Beach Fire Department
Early Saturday morning in Daytona Beach, the Daytona Beach Fire Department was called from their quiet daybreak to battle a raging fire at 345 Taylor Avenue. The emergency call occurred around 4:45 in the morning, immediately causing the dispatch of multiple engines and other units to the address of the fire. and by the time the firefighters arrived the single-story house was fully engulfed in flames.
The Daytona Beach Fire Department reports that a malfunctioning heater caused a house fire on Oct. 30 that left four people homeless. They report that the house in the 200 block of Keech Street sustained nearly $25,000 in damage when the fire broke out around 5 a.m. that morning. When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke and flames erupting from the roof of the home but were able to contain the fire to the rear bedroom area. Fortunately, all four residents inside the home were able to escape, and no one was injured in the blaze. The American Red Cross is helping the victims.