Whirlpool Recalls Microwave After Several Suddenly Catch Fire
Whirpool, the famous manufacturer of household appliances, has issued a recall that affects around 15,200 units of their microwave and hood combinations. According to the company, the microwaves have a fault in their internal arc, and that this fault can result in a small plastic piece lighting on fire, which can quickly cause the entire microwave to suddenly combust. The microwaves, which were made in China, were sold in stores throughout the United States of America and cost anywhere from $370 to $470.
The microwaves affected were available in three different styles: stainless steel, white, and black. There are very specific model numbers that are effected by the recalls: WMH53520CS, CW, CB, and CH; WMH73521CS, CW, CB, CE, and CH. It is important for owners of whirlpool microwaves to check their serial number (which are easily found inside of the microwave, along the left hand side) and immediately stop use if the number corresponds to one of the affected units. They were sold at several retail shops, including Best Buy, Lowes, Sears, HH Gregg, and a handful of other home improvement and remodeling stores. The dates for their sale rund from January 2014 all the way to April of 2016.
The recall was issued by the Whirlpool company on August 25th, and those who wish to return their microwave will receive a complimentary replacement with a less dangerous model.
Currently, there are several serious incidents that have resulted due to this fault in the wiring. They have caused various degrees of damage, including a house fire, and extensive damage of kitchen cabinets and the surrounding area. The danger with a fault such as this is that many people will not hear of the recall before it is too late. Once the plastic element in the appliance ignites, it is too late. For many of us, the microwave is something that we use on a daily basis, and we will often leave the room while the microwave is running. This means that if a fire does occur, there is a good chance that the individual using the microwave will not be in the room when the smoke first appears.
James O. Cunningham
Since 1977, personal injury lawyer James Cunningham has provided effective legal advocacy to people who are injured through the negligent actions of another person or entity throughout the Central Florida area. He fights to obtain recoveries for his clients’ physical and emotional pain and suffering and pursues his clients’ personal injury cases with a commitment to excellence and impeccable preparation.
Connect with James O. Cunningham on Google+