Lake Wales Car Accident Attorneys
The town of Lake Wales may be small, but it's rich in history and features some of the most historic locations in Polk County and Central Florida. Home to the Bok Tower Gardens, Spook Hill and the Shrine of Ste Anne des Lacs, several Florida natives and visitors find a trip to Lake Wales well worth the drive. History buffs love the commercial historic district in the heart of the old town, which contains stunning examples of architecture from the period of the Florida land boom of the 1920s. Nature lovers enjoy the scenic lake, the groves of citrus trees, and a hike on Iron Mountain - Florida's highest peak. Thrill seekers come to Lake Wales to for Skydive Florida, the state's leading skydiving experience, and families enjoy the nearby LegoLand Florida Resort.
But like all destination towns in Florida, car accidents are extremely common in Lake Wales for a variety of reasons including:
- Distracted Driving: Whether you are a tourist or a resident of Florida, it's easy to get distracted on the road, which is why this is the number one cause of automobile accidents in the state. Drivers are often distracted by cell phones, GPS systems, other passengers inside of the vehicle, or sites that catch their attention as they drive by.
- Unsafe Road and Weather Conditions: Rain and wind can make the roadway more dangerous and increase the chances of a crash. Florida's stormy weather can often times lead to serious accidents, especially when driving near lakes, rivers or beaches.
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI): Unfortunately, many Florida vacationers and locals alike get behind the wheel when they are under the influence of drugs or alcohol and pose a serious risk to other motorists.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Young drivers, unfamiliar tourists, and those with limited driving experience may have a poor understanding of local roadways and traffic laws, increasing the likelihood of an accident.
- Reckless Driving: Vehicles traveling over the speed limit or following too closely often cause serious and even fatal car accidents.
- Defective Vehicle Parts: Malfunctioning equipment or poorly-maintained cars and parts can breakdown and make it difficult for drivers to control their vehicles.
More often than not, the cause and fault associated with a car accident is difficult to identify and it's important to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer who can help protect your rights and receive proper compensation for your injuries and losses. If you were injured in an auto accident in Polk County, Lake Wales car accident attorney James O. Cunningham is here for you.
Over the last 30 years, our Orlando law firm has grown to cover many areas around central Florida including accidents in Polk County. Our expert attorneys who can help you through all the necessary steps of the legal process and help you receive compensation for your past and future medical expenses, loss of past and future earnings, your pain and suffering, and more. Call us today at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
- Chain-Reaction Collision in Seminole County Injures Six Motorists
October 25, 2021
- Orange County Pedestrian Killed During Early Morning Hit-and-Run Accident
October 19, 2021
- New Port Richey Man Killed While Crossing Rowan Road in a Motorized Wheelchair
October 16, 2021
- Three-Car Crash in Marion County Kills 56-Year-Old SUV Driver
October 15, 2021
- Kissimmee Man Killed During Rear-End Collision with Tractor-Trailer on I-4
October 13, 2021
- Deltona Biker Dies After a Head-on Collision with a Pickup Truck in Volusia County
October 12, 2021
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3