Confidential Settlement Achieved Against Local Hospital
On January 7, 2005, William Doe, then age 80, went to XYZ hospital for treatment of a broken leg he suffered in a fall at home. While at the hospital, Mr. Doe had a successful surgery to repair the fracture.
After the surgery his nurse's gave William Doe another patient's medicine by mistake. This resulted in Mr. Doe lapsing into a coma and he died a few days later.
The hospital admitted that Mr. Doe received the wrong medicine but argued that it was not enough to cause Mr. Doe any harm. Further, the hospital argued that Doe's death was related to aspiration pneumonia which is a foreseeable complication of even a properly performed surgery. In June of 2006, Mr. Cunningham achieved a confidential settlement for Rachel Doe against XYZ hospital for the wrongful death of her husband.
View More: Personal Injury Success Stories
Medical Malpractice Blog
- Miami Nurse Wins Medical Malpractice Suit, Awarded $21.6 Million
May 8, 2017
- Decision Challenges Florida’s Cap on Medical Malpractice Claims
July 21, 2015
- Florida Medical Malpractice and Your Rights
December 26, 2014
- Florida Supreme Court to hear another Case that could Test Limits in Medical Malpractice Cases
June 17, 2014
- Florida Judge Rules that New State Medical Negligence Law is Contrary to Federal Law
December 11, 2013
Verdicts & Settlements
- Newborn Against Hospital
Failure to Inform Parents:
$4.5 Million Recovery
- Negligent Prescription of Drugs:
- Wrongful Death
- Wrongful Death
Failure to Timely Diagnosis:
- Failure to Diagnose
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3