Kissimmee Wrongful Death Attorneys
We tend to think that life’s tragedies will never affect us personally, and it would be a wonderful world if such events never occurred. However, the reality is that life-changing occurrences can happen to any of us on any given day. Often, the catastrophic event is the death of a loved one due to the negligence of another person or entity. If this should happen to your family, you will need the services of a skilled Florida injury lawyer. James O. Cunningham provides compassionate, effective legal services throughout Osceola County.
The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles submitted the following statistics in its 2011 Florida Traffic Crash Statistics Report:
- 2,400 car accident fatalities
- 920 alcohol-related/suspected fatalities
- 190 drug-related/suspected fatalities
- 1,556 pedestrian fatalities
- 120 bicycle fatalities
- 413 motorcyclist fatalities
- 38 motorcycle passenger fatalities
- 91 teen driver fatalities
- 63 teen passenger fatalities
These numbers cover only a few types of vehicular accidents in which death occurred. There are many other circumstances to also take into consideration, such as these:
Why You Need a Florida Injury Lawyer
In a wrongful death claim, it must be proven that the death of your loved one was the result of negligence by a person or entity and that the family incurred a financial loss because of the death. At face value, this seems a simple proposition. However, the Florida Wrongful Death Act sets forth specific guidelines on who is eligible for compensation and what damages are recoverable when a wrongful death occurs. The context of the Act is complicated, and, for a successful wrongful death claim, it is best that an experienced attorney assist you and your family.
Damages in a wrongful death can include the following:
- Loss of income
- Medical expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and loss of companionship
- Loss of familial support
Why Call the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A.?
Jim Cunningham is an injury lawyer who cares about your legal rights. He will get the facts, explain your legal options so that you make educated decisions that are right for you and your family and diligently represent your civil rights to ensure that you and your family receive the compensation to which you are entitled under the law.
If your family suffered the loss of a loved one in Kissimmee or anywhere in Central Florida, or if your decedent resided in Kissimmee, James O. Cunningham is a Florida wrongful death attorney with over 30 years of experience, and he can help. He has offices throughout Central Florida to conveniently serve his clients. Call the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., for a consultation; there may be a time limitation within which you must file a claim or be forever barred from doing so.
- Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Florida – What You Need To Know
September 25, 2023
- Orlando Man Killed During Hit-and-Run Crash on Sand Lake Road
August 31, 2023
- Motorcyclist Killed During Three-Vehicle Crash in Flagler County
June 30, 2023
- Lakeland Soccer Player Killed After Car Crashes Into House
June 21, 2023
- Distracted Driver Convicted in Fatal Hernando County Car Crash
June 15, 2023
- business5I would most definitely recommend James Cunningham for a Personal Injury Attorney
We interviewed 3 different lawyers before we chose Mr. Cunningham. We are glad we did. I felt besides helping us with the needed funeral expenses for my father, he was honest, upfront, and of the highest ethics.
- Jay, a Wrongful Death client0.3