Orlando Boating Accident Attorneys
With a wealth of gorgeous coastline, numerous lakes, and fantastic fishing and watersports opportunities throughout the state, Florida is one of the most popular destinations when it comes to enjoying the water. Every year, millions of visitors and residents put on their swimsuits, hop in a boat or on a jetski, and proceed to spend the day as close to paradise as possible. Except, that is, when an unexpected accident thoroughly and abruptly changes the tone of the day.
As much as we love our water, the facts are chilling. According to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, 2014 saw:
- 899,635 registered watercrafts
- 634 boating accidents
- 64 fatal accidents with 73 total fatalities
- Alcohol and/or drug use was linked to 12% of accidents resulting in fatalities
- Collisions accounted for 26% of boating accidents
At first glance, the frequency of accidents might seem modest, but consider the lives of the families affected. Now imagine if you were in one of those families. Suddenly 634 seems astonishingly large.
The fact is, owning and operating a boat is dangerous, and some people do not take this as seriously as is necessary. It takes a tremendous amount of responsibility to safely play on the water, and even the smallest degree of negligence can result in serious injury, property damage, and, in the worst case, fatalities. This is why we have put so much time and energy into working for the victims of boating accidents.
It might seem as though the greatest trauma occurs during or immediately after the accident. Unfortunately, as most people involved in a boating incident will tell you, this is not the case. It is only afterwards, when the extent of injuries suffered begins to be revealed, and when the medical bills begin to pile up, that the truly disastrous effects start being felt.
Suffering a boating accident is devastating enough without the following financial strain. Let the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A. take this burden away from you, and set your eyes on recovery, starting today.
If you or someone you love has recently been involved in a boating accident, you can ensure the best possible chance for recovery by contacting James O. Cunningham at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587). His high number of success stories testifies to his diligence, expertise, and tenacity in the courtroom.
- Jet Ski Crash on Indian River Kills 12-Year-Old Passenger in Brevard County
August 23, 2021
- Flagler County Rescue Teams Searching for Missing Jet Ski Rider
February 25, 2021
- Pinellas County High-Speed Boat Crash Claims the Life of Local Teenager
November 3, 2020
- FWC Offering Reward for Information Surrounding Fatal Lake Monroe Boating Accident
September 11, 2020
- Cocoa Beach Hit-and-Run Boat Collision Injures Teenage Swimmer
July 5, 2020
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3