Florida Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) occurs when the brain inside the skulls is disturbed by blunt force trauma. In the United States, there are 1.4 million emergency room visits due to traumatic brain injuries and 52,000 deaths. They cost the country $65 billion each year in both direct and indirect costs.
The most common symptoms of a traumatic brain injury are:
- Brief loss of consciousness after the injury.
- Memory problems.
- Drowsiness or feeling sluggish.
- Double vision or blurred vision.
- Nausea or vomiting.
The most common cause of traumatic brain injury is a car or motorcycle accident. The symptoms are often diagnosed as a concussion and can last a few days or a lifetime depending on the severity of the injury.
In recent years, there has been a lot of publicity about the long-term consequences of a traumatic brain injury. Former football players for the National Football League (NFL) recently sued the league over the impact of traumatic brain injuries. At the same time, returning service men and women have complained about the impacts of traumatic brain injuries that occurred during the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan from improvised explosive devices.
While symptoms of traumatic brain injury might appear mild at first, they can increase over time. If you think you have suffered from a traumatic brain injury, you should seek immediate medical attention as any delays could result in more severe injuries – not to mention a more challenging law suit.
How To Protect Yourself
If you or a loved one has suffered from a traumatic brain injury because of the negligence of another person, you have the right to file a law suit to be compensated for your injuries. That is why you need a Florida personal injury lawyer experienced in dealing with traumatic brain injury claims. Your Florida TBI attorney can discuss the specifics of your case and fight for your right to fair and just compensation.
For a free initial consultation, call the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A. at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587).
- Child Suffers Fatal Injuries After Car Crash with a Citrus County School Bus
May 16, 2021
- Broward County Bicycle Collision Claims the Life of Local Teenager
May 14, 2021
- Six People Injured in Two-Car Crash Near Orlando International Airport
May 10, 2021
- Two Injured and Two Killed in Deadly Multi-Vehicle Pileup in Orlando
May 7, 2021
- Beloved Central Florida Chef Killed in Winter Springs Motorcycle Crash
May 2, 2021
- Teenager Killed in Head-On Collision in Orange County
April 29, 2021
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3