The Villages Boating Accident Attorneys
Think of Florida and you probably think ‘Boater’s Paradise’. The Sunshine State’s tranquil waters and sublime weather make it a boating destination the world over. However, although boating may be a way of life in Florida, until recently boater training was not. Prior to the new law requiring boater training, you needed to take courses to drive a car and a motorcycle, but not a boat.
This of course changed as more and more people took to Florida’s waters – and more and more people were being injured in boating accidents. In fact, according to one estimate, there are over 1,000 boating accidents every year in Florida, with 40 percent resulting in serious injuries.
Being the country’s leader in boating accidents is not a title Florida wants, so legislators quickly passed a law requiring all new boaters to satisfy specific boater training requirements.
Regardless of the new law, boating accidents remain an all-too-common cause of injury. Typically, boating accidents are the result of:
- Negligent and/or reckless boating
- Lack of training
- Boating while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Having too many people on the boat
- Boating with an unsafe boat or using faulty equipment
When you are injured as a result of one of these factors, you can hold the other boater liable for your injuries and damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Damage to your boat and boating equipment
- Loss of wages
- Pain and suffering
Boating accident claims tend to be complicated and particular to the factual circumstances of the incident. The determination of the facts of your case will influence how the law is applied, which will have a direct impact on the compensation you are legally entitled to.
To ensure that your case is given the most favorable analysis, it is essential that you consult the advice of an experienced Marion County boating accident attorney. The advantage of having a boating accident attorney is that they will be able to thoroughly review the circumstances of your claim and the law to get the maximum amount of compensation owed.
Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping boating accident victims from The Villages receive justice and fair compensation. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your boating accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 352-419-0825 for a free initial consultation.
- Airboat Crash on Lake Cypress Injures Thirteen People
August 16, 2023
- One Man Killed During Boat Crash at PortMiami
June 26, 2023
- High School Student Killed During Boat Crash in the Florida Keys
September 7, 2022
- Jet Ski Crash on Indian River Kills 12-Year-Old Passenger in Brevard County
August 23, 2021
- Flagler County Rescue Teams Searching for Missing Jet Ski Rider
February 25, 2021
- Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client