Electrocution - Construction Site Wrongful Death, Orange County, Florida - Walker v. Jim Walter Homes.
In a complex liability claim, an Orange County jury returned a verdict for nearly $1,000,000.00 for the family of a plumber who was electrocuted on a Jim Walter Homes job site.
Jim Walter Homes' contractor had been to the job site on the day of the incident, and had failed to determine whether ground fault circuit protection was provided on the temporary electrical power being furnished by the owner of the home to the house under construction. Medical testimony established that failure to have GFI protection on the temporary electrical power that was provided to the job site resulted in Mr. Walker's death. Further, an expert testified that Jim Walter Homes' failure to provide GFI protection on the temporary electrical power was a violation of Building & Construction Safety Codes.
The case was ultimately settled on appeal for a confidential amount.
View More: Personal Injury Success Stories
- Exploring Exactech Recalls: What You Need to Know About Defective Medical Devices
October 11, 2023
- Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Florida – What You Need To Know
September 25, 2023
- Florida Family Awarded Millions in Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuit
September 22, 2023
- Orlando Man Killed During Hit-and-Run Crash on Sand Lake Road
August 31, 2023
- Two Killed When Emergency Helicopter Crashes in Pompano Beach
August 29, 2023
- Two People Killed, One Injured During Multi-Vehicle Crash in Ocala
August 28, 2023
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3