Electrocution - Construction Site Wrongful Death, Orange County, Florida - Walker v. Jim Walter Homes.
In a complex liability claim, an Orange County jury returned a verdict for nearly $1,000,000.00 for the family of a plumber who was electrocuted on a Jim Walter Homes job site.
Jim Walter Homes' contractor had been to the job site on the day of the incident, and had failed to determine whether ground fault circuit protection was provided on the temporary electrical power being furnished by the owner of the home to the house under construction. Medical testimony established that failure to have GFI protection on the temporary electrical power that was provided to the job site resulted in Mr. Walker's death. Further, an expert testified that Jim Walter Homes' failure to provide GFI protection on the temporary electrical power was a violation of Building & Construction Safety Codes.
The case was ultimately settled on appeal for a confidential amount.
View More: Personal Injury Success Stories
- Child Suffers Fatal Injuries After Car Crash with a Citrus County School Bus
May 16, 2021
- Broward County Bicycle Collision Claims the Life of Local Teenager
May 14, 2021
- Six People Injured in Two-Car Crash Near Orlando International Airport
May 10, 2021
- Two Injured and Two Killed in Deadly Multi-Vehicle Pileup in Orlando
May 7, 2021
- Beloved Central Florida Chef Killed in Winter Springs Motorcycle Crash
May 2, 2021
- Teenager Killed in Head-On Collision in Orange County
April 29, 2021
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3