Electrocution - Construction Site Wrongful Death, Orange County, Florida - Walker v. Jim Walter Homes.
In a complex liability claim, an Orange County jury returned a verdict for nearly $1,000,000.00 for the family of a plumber who was electrocuted on a Jim Walter Homes job site.
Jim Walter Homes' contractor had been to the job site on the day of the incident, and had failed to determine whether ground fault circuit protection was provided on the temporary electrical power being furnished by the owner of the home to the house under construction. Medical testimony established that failure to have GFI protection on the temporary electrical power that was provided to the job site resulted in Mr. Walker's death. Further, an expert testified that Jim Walter Homes' failure to provide GFI protection on the temporary electrical power was a violation of Building & Construction Safety Codes.
The case was ultimately settled on appeal for a confidential amount.
View More: Personal Injury Success Stories
- Three People Killed and One Injured in Miami Beach Boating Accident
April 25, 2019
- Daytona Beach Man and Mother Killed in Easter Weekend Motorcycle Accident
April 22, 2019
- SUV Struck by SunRail Train After Attempting to Speed Across Tracks
April 15, 2019
- Two Dead, Two Injured After Ford Rolls Over Toyota in Orange County
April 15, 2019
- Orange County Resident Dies after Crashing into S.R. 528 Median
April 14, 2019
- Man Killed when Helicopter Makes Emergency Landing on Road Near Tampa
April 8, 2019
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3