Florida Whiplash Injuries
Whiplash is a serious neck injury. It is caused when the neck is violently swung forward and then suddenly stops. Although a whiplash injury usually occurs in an automobile accident, they can be caused from other types of accidents.
As a result of the accident, a person’s muscles and ligaments around the neck area are strained. Whiplash injuries vary wildly. They can be mild and heal in several days or can be serious and cause a person long-term pain and suffering.
Most whiplash injuries occur during slow-speed motor vehicle accident, often under 15 m.p.h. There is generally no correlation between the extent of the damage to the automobile and the severity of a whiplash. Each year nearly 6 million people are injured in low-impact vehicle collisions and around 300,000 live with chronic pain as a result of these accidents.
There are a variety of symptoms of a whiplash injury but they might include:
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Pain in the shoulder or between the shoulder blades
- Lower back pain
- Pain or numbness in the arm and/or hand
- Ringing in the ears or blurred vision
- Difficulty concentrating or remembering
- Irritability, sleep disturbances, fatigue
Whiplash and Your Legal Rights
Whiplash injuries are something to be taken seriously. If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident and suffered a whiplash injury, you need to hire a Florida personal injury attorney. An attorney experienced in handling whiplash injuries can learn about your case and decide the best legal avenues to pursue.
In Florida, you are entitled to compensation from a Personal Injury Protection policy from an automobile accident regardless of who was at fault. The policy can help pay your medical expenses from the accident. You could also receive more compensation if you received significant bodily injury from the accident and it was a result of negligence.
If you have suffered a Florida whiplash injury, you should hire personal injury attorney James O. Cunningham, P.A. has more than 30 years of experience as a personal injury attorney. You can contact him at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587).
- Marion County SUV Rollover Kills 47-Year-Old Fort McCoy Man
June 14, 2021
- Police Officer Severely Injured in South Florida Hit-and-Run Crash
June 12, 2021
- Search Underway for Hit-and-Run Suspect Who Killed Popular Tampa Bay Singer
June 11, 2021
- Broward County Family Seeks Answers in DUI Crash That Killed Their Loved One
June 10, 2021
- Marion County High-Speed Crash Fatally Injures 30-Year-Old Motorcyclist
June 9, 2021
- Woman and Dog Killed in Deadly Hit-and-Run Crash in Orange County
June 7, 2021
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3