Florida Back Injuries
A back injury is often serious and can completely change your life. Each year more than 1 million people suffer back injuries. You can injure your back in a variety of ways, including medical malpractice, a high-speed crash or a slip and fall accident.
The most common reason for a back injury, however, is a low-speed automobile accident. Back injuries vary for a variety of reasons, including the angle of the impact, the physical condition of the individual and the type of restraints in the vehicle.
In the workplace, a back injury can occur in several professions, but most often happen in the construction and manufacturing sectors. Lower back pain is the largest reason for people to stop working and to seek disability. The pain often varies. Sometimes, the pain is acute and constant and sometimes it occurs after exercise or late at night.
Your Legal Rights
No matter how you are injured, you need a Florida personal injury attorney. An attorney can help protect you and make sure you are fairly compensated. The attorney can discuss your case with you and let you know the compensation that you can receive.
A back injury can occur in many forms including:
- Thoracic spine: an injury to the upper part of the spine
- Lumbar Spine: an injury to the five largest vertebrae in the spine
- Spinal cord injuries: damage to the spinal cord that can cause paralysis
- Herniated disc: an injury to the soft tissue between the disks
- Neck strain: damage to the muscle or tendons around the neck
The type of settlement you seek for a back injury will partially depend on what caused the injury. If you were injured in a car accident, you can file an insurance claim or sue for damages. If you slipped and fell at a supermarket, you will want to file a civil claim against the business.
It’s best that you speak with a Florida back injury attorney and discuss your case. James O. Cunningham has been a practicing personal injury attorney for over 30 years. He can be reached at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587).
- Charlotte County Deputy Killed During DUI Crash on Interstate 75
December 1, 2022
- Local Driver Killed During SUV Crash at Melbourne Firework Store
November 30, 2022
- Passenger Killed During SUV Test Drive Crash in Winter Haven
November 28, 2022
- Motorcyclist Killed During Guardrail Crash in Pinellas County
November 26, 2022
- Orlando Hit-and-Run Bicycle Crash Caught on Neighborhood Camera
November 24, 2022
- Teen Driver Arrested for Involvement in Fatal St. Petersburg Car Crash
November 21, 2022
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3