Florida Personal Injury
James O. Cunningham has been practicing law for over 35 years. He specializes in Florida accident cases and works hard to bring compensation to people who have been injured in an accident. He meets with clients and works to understand their injuries and their financial needs.
He is an aggressive attorney and understands the ever-changing nature of the law. James O. Cunningham will discuss previous court rulings with you and explain how those cases could impact you case.
In most cases, a damage settlement is based on the negligence of the person or organization that caused the injury. Negligence means that someone or an entity did not take reasonable care to prevent the injury. Negligence usually refers to a specific behavior, but also can be caused by the omission of something.
Contact Florida personal injury lawyer James O. Cunningham at 877-FL-INJURY to discuss your case and learn more about how he can fight to make sure you are fairly compensated.
He represents people who have received these types of injuries or were involved in these types of accidents:
- Auto Accidents: Every year, Florida has over 200,000 auto accidents that involve over 350,000 drivers, according to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Each year, over 5,000 people are killed in motorcycle accidents. Florida ranked third for motorcycle accidents. Many times, a person who was injured in a motorcycle accident suffers significant injuries.
- Uninsured Motorists: Florida requires drivers to carry insurance on an automobile, but many drivers in the state do not. Even if you have been injured by an uninsured driver, you can still be compensated.
- Drunk Driver Accidents: The legal limit for alcohol consumption in Florida is 0.08 blood alcohol content. A person could be guilty of negligence if he or she caused an accident while intoxicated. In that case, the injured party can receive compensation.
- Truck Accidents: There has been an increase in the number of accidents with large trucks and it’s usually the passenger vehicle that receives the majority of the injuries. You should have an attorney like James O. Cunningham fighting for you if you have been injured in an accident with a truck.
- Bicycle Accidents: Two percent of traffic fatalities happen when a car hits a bicyclist. James O. Cunningham can investigate a bicycle accident and make sure you or your family receives fair legal representation.
- Bus Accidents: Under Florida law, public buses are required to provide safe transportation. James O. Cunningham has experience working with people who have been injured in a bus accident.
- Texting Accidents: Texting is the leading cause of death among teenagers today. It is becoming more common for people to be injured in an accident caused by a person texting and driving.
- SUV Rollovers: Often when an SUV is involved in an accident, the vehicle rolls over, causing significant injuries to the occupants. This makes SUVs the most dangerous vehicles on the road.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Thousands of pedestrians are killed in traffic accidents every year, and many times the drivers of the vehicle caused the accident. James O. Cunningham has experience filing wrongful death and injury claims in pedestrian accidents.
- Construction Accidents: Construction sites are dangerous working environments, and people can suffer serious injuries. Common types of construction accident injuries are include defective equipment, falls from a roof and electrical accidents.
- Back Injury: A back injury can be debilitating and can often be caused by the negligence of others.
- Broken Bones: People can break a bone from a slip and fall accident or other acts of negligence.
- Hip Injuries: A hip injury is a common injury for the elderly as well as those who have been in a slip and fall accident.
- Hit and Run Accidents: Florida is a no-fault insurance state, so there are ways to receive compensation in a hit and run accident. James O. Cunningham can help you sort through Florida’s complex insurance laws.
- Internal Injuries: A serious accident can cause internal injuries and be life threatening.
- Passenger Accidents: The passenger in a vehicle is often more likely to be injured in a traffic accident, but people focus more on the driver. It can be more challenging to receive compensation as the passenger, especially when a family member was the driver.
- Rear-End Collisions: Even slow-speed, rear-end accidents can cause significant injuries. The laws for determining fault in a rear-end accident in Florida are changing, so you need someone like James O. Cunningham to sort through the complicated process.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries can result in paralysis and often require constant medical attention.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can create hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical expenses.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is the most common injury from a motor vehicle accident and is caused by the ligaments and muscles around the neck area being strained. In many cases the injury can be debilitating.
- Dog Bites: In Florida, dog owner is responsible for injuries suffered from a dog bite.
- Medical Malpractice: A person is entitled to compensation if he or she was injured during a medical procedure or given a false diagnosis. While the state has placed limits on medical malpractice, James O. Cunningham can make sure you receive the maximum amount allowed under the law.
- Golf Cart Accidents: Over 100,000 golf cart injuries have occurred over the last 15 years. These are serious accidents. They require an attorney to receive compensation because most times golf carts owners do not carry insurance.
Regardless of what type of Florida personal injury or accident you have suffered, you need an experienced Florida attorney to ensure you get the compensation you are legally entitled to. There are many different types of damages available, and an attorney like James O. Cunningham will work with you to determine which damages are available to you. To schedule your free initial consultation, contact us today at the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A. at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587).
- Four Children Injured in Brevard County School Bus Accident
May 23, 2019
- One Dead in Osceola County Hit-and-Run
May 21, 2019
- Head-On Lake County Crash Kills One, Critically Injuries Another
May 20, 2019
- $2 Billion Awarded to Couple in Monsanto Case
May 20, 2019
- Cyclist Killed After Being Struck by Pickup in Seminole County
May 19, 2019
- Over Two Billion Dollars Awarded to Couple in Monsanto Cancer Lawsuit
May 19, 2019
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3