Daytona Beach Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
When pedestrians are hit by a vehicle, the injuries they typically suffer are vastly disproportionate to those sustained by victims of car accidents. This is of course because, unlike a driver, a pedestrian is completely vulnerable and unprotected. For this reason, pedestrian accidents are all too often severe, if not deadly. In fact, there are an estimated 4,500 pedestrians deaths every year in the U.S., and nearly 70,000 are injured in pedestrian accidents.
Just like a driver involved in a car accident, a victim of a pedestrian accident has the same right to seek financial compensation for their losses and injuries including these:
- The costs of all medical treatment, including future medical care and ongoing treatment.
- Reimbursement for all outstanding medical bills.
- Lost wages due to not being able to work.
- Pain and suffering.
As pedestrian accident cases are often complex and stressful, if you or a loved one has been a victim of a pedestrian accident, it is important that you contact an experienced pedestrian accident attorney immediately. One of the biggest mistakes people make is to wait and attempt to handle their case themselves. Unfortunately, the longer you wait, the more difficult it becomes to get the compensation you deserve. For example, evidence may get lost and witnesses may move. Worse yet, the driver’s insurance company may contact you to get a statement, which they will then use out of context in order to cast doubt on your claim.
Working with an experienced Florida pedestrian accident lawyer means you have someone who understands your injuries and the law on your side. After a free initial consultation, your Volusia County attorney can begin putting together your claim for compensation. Also, your pedestrian accident attorney will handle dealing with insurance carriers, other lawyers and legal deadlines so that you can focus on what really matters: your own well-being.
Since 1977, James O. Cunningham has been helping Florida pedestrian accident victims receive justice and fair compensation. If you have been in a Daytona Beach pedestrian accident, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A. at 386-243-4994 for your free initial consultation.
- Orange County Pedestrian Killed During Early Morning Hit-and-Run Accident
October 19, 2021
- New Port Richey Man Killed While Crossing Rowan Road in a Motorized Wheelchair
October 16, 2021
- 46-Year-Old Pedestrian Killed During Hit-and-Run Collision in Tampa
September 29, 2021
- Two Orange County High School Students Struck by SUV on Goldenrod Road
September 10, 2021
- Late Night Auto Accident in Pinellas County Kills 44-Year-Old Pedestrian
August 30, 2021
- business5Walt Disney World Claims Department Employee
“I was involved in a motor vehicle accident where the other driver ran a red light and my car was a total loss. I was referred to James Cunningham due to the fact that our attorney’s have been very impressed with James Cunningham’s work. This fact turned out to be very true as Mr. Cunningham helped me win my case to a full and maximum settlement.”
- a Personal Injury client0.3