Daytona Beach Wrongful Death Attorneys
A wrongful death can devastate a family emotionally and financially. Along with the grief from the unexpected sudden loss, the family is immediately faced with the financial hardship of medical bills and burial costs. The future may hold a loss of income to the family. It is overwhelming and can result in a feeling of helplessness. James O. Cunningham knows this well because he is an attorney for wrongful death claims in Daytona Beach and Central Florida. He has compassionately represented families for over 35 years.
If the death of your loved one was the result of misconduct or negligence on the part of another person, group or entity, your family may have a wrongful death claim under the Florida Wrongful Death Act. This is a separate legal action from criminal actions that are prosecuted by the state. The courts understand that money cannot ever replace the life of a family member, but the pursuit of a claim for financial compensation is the civil legal system’s recourse for justice. A successful wrongful death settlement or verdict helps the family recover financial losses and serves as a way to punish the defendant(s) for the negligent action.
What Damages Are Recoverable Due to a Wrongful Death?
A knowledgeable Volusia County attorney for wrongful death will be able to determine who in your family is eligible to make a claim for damages and what damages are compensable. These damages, in brief, may include the following:
- The value of lost support and services.
- The future loss of support and services.
- The loss of the decedent’s companionship and protection.
- Mental pain and suffering.
- The loss of parental companionship, instruction and guidance.
- Medical or funeral expenses.
- Loss of earnings of the deceased from the date of injury to the date of death.
- Loss of the prospective net accumulations of an estate.
Why You Need James O. Cunningham as Your Attorney for Wrongful Death
The Florida Wrongful Death Act contains the guidelines to determine who is eligible for compensation and what damages can be recovered in a wrongful death action. Due to its complexities, you will want to retain a Daytona Beach wrongful death attorney with experience.
Undoubtedly, there are dozens of Daytona Beach attorneys willing to take your case. However, not all of these attorneys have the passion to aggressively protect your interests while compassionately guiding you and your family through the legal process. James O. Cunningham is a well-known advocate for the victims of wrongful death and their families. Further, not all Daytona Beach attorneys will have the experience and resources available that Mr. Cunningham has due to his longevity as an attorney for wrongful death.
If your family has lost a family member due to negligence, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 386-243-4994 for a consultation. Mr. Cunningham is a Florida wrongful death attorney with a proven track record and empathy for the victims and the victims’ families. His offices are conveniently located throughout Central Florida.
- Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Florida – What You Need To Know
September 25, 2023
- Orlando Man Killed During Hit-and-Run Crash on Sand Lake Road
August 31, 2023
- Motorcyclist Killed During Three-Vehicle Crash in Flagler County
June 30, 2023
- Lakeland Soccer Player Killed After Car Crashes Into House
June 21, 2023
- Distracted Driver Convicted in Fatal Hernando County Car Crash
June 15, 2023
- business5I would most definitely recommend James Cunningham for a Personal Injury Attorney
We interviewed 3 different lawyers before we chose Mr. Cunningham. We are glad we did. I felt besides helping us with the needed funeral expenses for my father, he was honest, upfront, and of the highest ethics.
- Jay, a Wrongful Death client0.3