Falls from Ladders
While falling from a ladder may sound innocuous to some, serious ladder accidents are a major concern in a variety of industries today. In fact, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), approximately 16% of all reported work fatalities in the year 2013 were due to falls, slips, or trips. Additionally, in 2011 the BLS reported that approximately 20% of workers' fall injuries involved a ladder, and among construction workers, ladder fall accidents account for about 81% of fall injuries treated in US. With some industrial ladders at lengths nearing or exceeding 30 feet, it's easy to see how such a construction accident fall could easily lead to paralysis or death.
When a worker is seriously injured from a ladder accident, he or she faces the challenge of a painful recovery along with a host of other concerns, including the loss of wages (due to being temporarily out of work, sometimes for months), arguments with insurance companies over coverage of treatment and/or hospitalization, and significant other hospital, clinic, or physical therapy costs for serious injuries such as:
- Broken Bones
- Neck Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Paralysis (sometimes permanent)
- Skull Fractures
- Traumatic Brain Injury (sometimes potentially permanent damage)
- Internal Injuries
- Muscle/Tendon Strains and Tears
- …and more.
In general, such complex cases of work-related injury bring a set of unique legal challenges along with them, especially in cases where worker's compensation is not sufficient to cover the expenses incurred both due to the accident and during the time it takes the worker to recover. It is for this reason that it's important for individuals injured in ladder falls/accidents to obtain an experienced lawyer as early in the process as possible. Having a lawyer to turn to when dealing with a serious ladder accident injury means not only gaining the legal expertise and leadership needed to succeed in obtaining compensation, but also building a relationship with a trusted ally who can offer sound advice in the challenging situations that may arise.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious ladder accident injury, please call 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
- Lake County Man Killed in Hydroplane Crash on County Road 48
September 29, 2022
- Motorcyclist Killed During T-Bone Crash with Pickup Truck in Largo
September 28, 2022
- Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Claims Rise to Nearly 5,000 in Recent Weeks
September 27, 2022
- Biker Killed During Collision with Minivan in Orange County
September 26, 2022
- Florida Deputy Killed During Construction Site Hit-and-Run Crash
September 23, 2022
- Passenger Killed During Multi-Vehicle Crash in Osceola County
September 22, 2022
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3