The Villages Truck Accident Attorneys
What You Need to Know About Trucking Accidents
Trucking accidents are typically the result of someone being negligent. On the one hand, a driver is negligent when their speeding, texting while driving, or failure to stop results in an accident. On the other hand, a trucking company can be held negligent when they fail to take the necessary steps to ensure that the truck is safe to operate.
Regardless of who is negligent, the result of a trucking accident is that someone is seriously injured. In fact, injuries sustained from a trucking accident tend to be some of the most serious, if not life-threatening, and often involve the neck, back or brain.
Besides these very serious bodily injuries, victims of trucking accidents often suffer from such damages as:
- Significant medical costs for the treatment of injuries
- Expenses for ongoing care and treatment for all future treatment related to your trucking accident injury or injuries
- Costs of repairing damaged vehicle
- Loss of wages due to not being able to work in your previous job
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of spousal support
According to the law, you have the right to receive compensation for all of your injuries and damages. Unfortunately, actually receiving what you are due is not guaranteed. In fact, there is a good chance that people are taking steps right now to make sure you are not fully compensated. For instance, the trucking company’s insurance carrier will do everything it can to prevent you from getting the compensation you are due.
This is why it is essential that you seek the advice and support of an experienced trucking accident attorney. With a trucking accident attorney like James O. Cunningham on your side, you will be equipped to come to the negotiating table with a clear understanding of the law and how it applies to your unique situation.
Since 1977, James O. Cunningham has been helping trucking accident victims in The Villages and surrounding Marion County receive justice and fair compensation. If you have been in a trucking accident, call the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A. at 352-419-0825 for your free, initial consultation.
- High-Speed Car Crash in Titusville Claims the Life of 48-Year-Old Driver
January 23, 2021
- Tragic Marion County Rear-End Collision With Semi Kills Two Family Members
January 21, 2021
- 2020 Marks Large Decrease in Automobile Accidents in Florida
January 19, 2021
- Pedestrians Leap to Safety After Van Careens Across Central Florida Beach
January 19, 2021
- Driver Charged with DUI Manslaughter for Role in Fatal Lakeland Semi Collision
January 17, 2021
- Pedestrian Dies After Being Struck by Multiple Cars in Orlando
January 14, 2021
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3