Lakeland Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys
A slip and fall accident is one that occurs on another person’s or business’ property and is the result of that person’s or business’ negligence or dangerous property conditions. It is because of this broad definition that slip and fall accidents occur in many different locations including offices, tourist attractions, hotels, restaurants and shopping malls. Typical slip and fall accidents are the result of the following:
- Wet floors
- Poor lighting
- Unmaintained elevators or escalators
- Dangerous stairwells
- Poor railings
- Failure to warn of hazards with adequate safety signage
- Poorly maintained equipment
According to the law, when a person is lawfully at of these types of public places, he or she has a reasonable expectation of being able to move about without having to worry about being injured. When the public property is not free and clear of hazards and a slip and fall accident occurs, the victim can hold the property owner responsible on the theory that the owner has a duty to the public to keep his or her property free and clear of all hazards or, alternatively, have all hazards clearly marked.
The law typically defines slip and fall accidents very broadly. For this reason, slip and fall accident cases often involve complex arguments on premises liability in addition to the underlying slip and fall claim. Further, slip and fall accident injuries are also diverse, covering everything from twisted ankles and bruises to the more serious bone fractures and head injuries. These more serious injuries involve ongoing and expensive medical treatment, which only further complicates the slip and fall accident claim.
Due to the complexity of slip and fall accidents, it is important that the victim work with an experienced Polk County slip and fall accident attorney. Working with a slip and fall accident lawyer means you have someone who understands how the many facets of the law apply to your unique slip and fall accident.
Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping slip and fall accident victims receive justice and fair compensation. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your Lakeland slip and fall accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 863-968-7551 for a free initial consultation.
- Orlando Motorcyclist Killed in Early Morning Hit-and-Run Collision with SUV
October 18, 2020
- Wiegand Family Moving Forward with Royal Caribbean Wrongful Death Lawsuit
October 17, 2020
- Florida DHSMV Indicates a Recent Rise in Orlando Car Accidents
October 15, 2020
- Motorcyclist Killed in Marion County Collision with Dump Truck on State Road 40
October 13, 2020
- St. Cloud Crossing Guard Seriously Injured in Near-Fatal Crosswalk Collision
October 12, 2020
- Orlando Style Magazine Selects James O. Cunningham as the Orlando Personal Injury Attorney of the Year
October 9, 2020
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3