Garbage Truck Accidents
We all need our garbage collected, but what we don’t need are the catastrophic injuries that all too often go with this essential community service.
Like any other heavy-duty vehicle, when an accident happens, garbage trucks can cause serious – if not fatal – injuries. Common garbage truck accident injuries include brain damage, spinal cord injuries and wrongful death.
According to Florida law, you may be able to file a legal action to recover damages relating to your garbage truck accident. For example, the most common types of garbage truck legal actions involve:
- A negligent driver: when the garbage truck driver fails to take proper precautions when operating the garbage truck, they can be held liable for your injuries. Negligence can include speeding, driving while under the influence, reckless driving, or driving while distracted (such as while texting or talking on the phone).
- Defective equipment: if the garbage truck accident was caused by a defect in the truck or one of its parts, you may be able to file a products liability claim against the original manufacturer of the garbage truck. If the accident was the result of a particular part of the truck malfunctioning, being defective or having an unreasonably dangerous design, then you can file a products liability claim against the manufacturer of that part.
- Poor maintenance: according to the law, the garbage truck must be properly maintained and inspected on a regular basis. If, for example, your injuries were caused by the truck’s brakes not working, then the garbage truck company can be held liable due to their failure to properly maintain the vehicle. If the garbage truck is run by the city, then you can bring your suit against the relevant government entity.
- Falling objects: sometimes objects will not be properly secured to or in a garbage truck, causing them to fall into the road and creating a hazard for drivers. When this happens, injured parties have the right to sue.
Know Your Legal Rights
If you or a loved one is the victim of a garbage truck accident, you have the right to be compensated for your injuries. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve, it is recommended that you consult the advice of an experienced Florida personal injury attorney.
Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping Florida garbage truck accident victims receive justice and fair compensation for their injuries. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your garbage accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
- Four Children Injured in Brevard County School Bus Accident
May 23, 2019
- One Dead in Osceola County Hit-and-Run
May 21, 2019
- Head-On Lake County Crash Kills One, Critically Injuries Another
May 20, 2019
- $2 Billion Awarded to Couple in Monsanto Case
May 20, 2019
- Cyclist Killed After Being Struck by Pickup in Seminole County
May 19, 2019
- Over Two Billion Dollars Awarded to Couple in Monsanto Cancer Lawsuit
May 19, 2019
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3