Florida Truck Accidents
The road is filled with semi-trucks. Often, they drive aggressively and swerve in and out of traffic. Their huge weight can make stopping a challenge.
All of this creates a dangerous situation.
In 2012, 3,921 people were killed and 104,000 people were injured in crashes that involved large trucks. That was a 4% increase over the previous year. Many times the truck driver is not injured, but 73% of the time the occupants of a passenger vehicle involved in an accident with a large truck are injured.
Is it complicated to recover damages if you or a relative was injured or killed in a truck accident?
It can be challenging. There can be a number of people and entitles involved after a truck accident. Many times a truck driver works for a trucking company, which makes filing a claim more difficult because you can file the claim against the company. These companies typically have an army of insurance adjusters and attorneys who understand the law and will try to limit your compensation.
This is why you need to hire a Florida personal injury attorney. They can explain the legal status of your case and which organizations and individuals could be held responsible for the accident. The attorney can help you determine if a personal injury lawsuit is warranted.
What type of a settlement can you expect?
In Florida, you could possibly file two different types of claims. First, you can file a personal injury policy claim. Every Florida vehicle is required to have a personal injury protection policy. With that policy, you are allowed to have your medical bills and lost wages reimbursed from your policy.
You can also file a larger claim if the driver of the truck was negligent and you received significant injuries during the accident. That might occur if:
- The truck driver ran a red light;
- The truck driver was speeding;
- The truck driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the accident;
- The truck was overloaded;
- The truck was not mechanically sound; or
- The driver did not take the proper rest that is required by law.
What should I do?
Florida trucking accident lawyer James O. Cunningham has years of experience in handling truck accident cases, and can help you understand your rights. Contact him today at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587).
- Exploring Exactech Recalls: What You Need to Know About Defective Medical Devices
October 11, 2023
- Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Florida – What You Need To Know
September 25, 2023
- Florida Family Awarded Millions in Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuit
September 22, 2023
- Orlando Man Killed During Hit-and-Run Crash on Sand Lake Road
August 31, 2023
- Two Killed When Emergency Helicopter Crashes in Pompano Beach
August 29, 2023
- Two People Killed, One Injured During Multi-Vehicle Crash in Ocala
August 28, 2023
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3