Rooftop Falling Accidents
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, approximately 16% of all reported work fatalities in the year 2013 were due to falls, slips, or trips. The Center for Construction Research and Training takes that a step further, and reveals that in the field of construction, falls are the #1 cause of fatal injuries. Between 1992 and 2010, the Center reports that there were approximately 360 fall-related deaths in construction annually.
Whether work is being done from a building rooftop, an elevated environmental feature (e.g. a tree or rocky outcropping), a piece of construction equipment (such as a crane), a ladder, a hoist, or some other elevated location or piece of equipment, a huge number of construction workers face the possibility of serious injury or death resulting from an unexpected fall on the job.
Workers who have had a falling accident and been seriously injured often find themselves in a desperate situation. Not only must they take the time needed to recover (sometimes with months of painful physical therapy), but they and their family may struggle with a significant loss of wages that threatens their household's financial stability. Commonly, injured workers also find themselves buried by exorbitant medical bills from serious injuries for which insurance may not cover hospitalization or treatment, including:
- Broken Bones
- Paralysis (sometimes permanent)
- Skull Fractures
- Traumatic Brain Injury (sometimes potentially permanent damage)
- Internal Injuries
- …and more.
Whatever the case, a construction worker who is injured due to a falling accident (or his/her loved ones) may be entitled to significant compensation for the damages suffered as a result of a serious falling accident injury. Unfortunately, he or she may face major obstacles in achieving that goal without the help of a seasoned, determined attorney. A good lawyer can help not only define the party at fault in the accident, but also identify how the injured party can either be compensated for irreversible damages, and/or begin to recoup the financial resources they've lost by no fault of their own.
If you have been involved in a serious falling accident, please call us today at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free consultation to discuss your legal rights.
- Orange County Pedestrian Killed During Early Morning Hit-and-Run Accident
October 19, 2021
- New Port Richey Man Killed While Crossing Rowan Road in a Motorized Wheelchair
October 16, 2021
- Three-Car Crash in Marion County Kills 56-Year-Old SUV Driver
October 15, 2021
- Kissimmee Man Killed During Rear-End Collision with Tractor-Trailer on I-4
October 13, 2021
- Deltona Biker Dies After a Head-on Collision with a Pickup Truck in Volusia County
October 12, 2021
- Teen Driver in Tampa Arrested for Head-On Collision with Off-Duty Officer
October 11, 2021
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3