Volusia County Wrongful Death Lawyers
Losing your spouse, child, or parent is devastating. Matters can become even more complicated when a tragedy is due to someone’s negligence. Our office serves the survivors of victims of the following circumstances:
- drunk-driving fatalities
- car accidents caused by drivers who are texting
- physician’s negligence
- poorly maintained sidewalks and roadways
- exposure to harmful conditions or materials at work
- inadequately-tested children’s toys
- and other tragic incidences
“Why File a Wrongful Death Claim? I don’t care about the money.”
This may not feel like the time to deal with financial matters, but adding a legal team to your support staff is vital. Unfortunately, some families wait too long to seek guidance, and they miss deadlines as statutes of limitation run out. Others sign agreements that are against their best interests while mourning.
Even if you think you’ll be able to cover funeral and burial costs, there are a number of other factors to consider, factors that will weigh in heavily on the future of you, your children, and your other loved ones. Ambulance and hospital fees incurred prior to your loved one’s passing can add up quickly. If your late loved one held the insurance policy, it’s important to consider future health care plans. The same goes for retirement and other savings plans. How will you pay the mortgage in the months to come? Property taxes are not negligible, either. The Volusia County Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A. is here to help you sort through these details so that you can focus on spending time with your friends and family and on self care.
Even if you are on the fence about whether or not you should seek compensation for the loss of your loved one, please give us a call. We offer free, no-obligation consultations, and we can help you make informed decisions about your future so that you can focus on your friends, family, and/or self care. 877-345-6587
It might be helpful to remember that wrongful death statutes hold people and companies accountable for their actions. Negligent practitioners and reckless drivers, for example, endanger others. Holding them accountable helps to prevent other tragedies from occurring in our communities of Daytona Beach, DeBary, Edgewater, Oak Hill, and Orange City, among others.
- Dirt Bike Rider Killed in Orange County Crash with Ford
July 16, 2019
- Family Sues Universal Orlando Resort over Death of Family Member
December 30, 2018
- Employee of Majestic Marble and Granite Crushed to Death while Cleaning Machine
December 27, 2018
- Person Driving Electric Scooter Struck and Killed on Orange Blossom Trail
December 7, 2018
- Six-Year-Old Dies in ATV Crash in Lakeland
September 11, 2018
- business5I would most definitely recommend James Cunningham for a Personal Injury Attorney
We interviewed 3 different lawyers before we chose Mr. Cunningham. We are glad we did. I felt besides helping us with the needed funeral expenses for my father, he was honest, upfront, and of the highest ethics.
- Jay, a Wrongful Death client0.3