The Villages Dog Bite Attorneys
What You Need to Know About Animal Attack Injuries
If you are the victim of a dog bite injury there are immediate actions you need to take in order to best protect your right to compensation. These actions include:
- Remove yourself from the danger and call the police.
- When talking to the police, clearly and carefully tell them exactly what happened and describe the dog in as much detail as possible.
- Write down the names and contact information of any and all possible witnesses to the dog bite injury and provide these names to the police too.
- Seek medical treatment, no matter how serious you think the injuries are.
- When speaking to the doctor, describe your injury and any pain you may be feeling in detail.
- Have your doctor show you the medical report and correct any mistakes.
- Never talk or give statements to an insurance adjuster, particularly one working for the dog owner.
- Call your dog bite accident attorney and schedule a free consultation to discuss your claim.
Working with an experienced dog bite attorney is important because they will be familiar with all relevant dog bite laws and regulations and know how they apply to your unique dog bite injury claim. Although dog bite injuries fall under the ‘personal injury’ category of the law, they do differ significantly. Often times there are statutory rules against particular types of breeds (ie, ‘dangerous dog breed bans’) that could affect your claim to compensation. After discussing your dog bite accident with your attorney, he will have a clear view of compensation rights and what steps to take to ensure you get what you by law deserve.
Working with a dog bite accident attorney is not an expensive luxury but a money-saving necessity. In fact, most dog bite attorneys will utilize a contingency fee agreement, meaning the attorney will only get paid if they are successful in getting you compensated for your dog bite injuries. If you prevail in your claim – and when working with a dog bite attorney you typically get more compensation than you do when ‘going it alone’ – your attorney will take a previously agreed upon percentage of the total amount your receive.
Since 1977, James O. Cunningham has been helping dog bite accident victims in The Villages receive justice and fair compensation. If you have been injured from a Marion County dog bite injury, call the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A. at 352-419-0825 for your free, initial consultation.
- Infant Dies after Attack from Grandma’s Pit Bull in Miramar
June 4, 2018
- Child Hospitalized After Dog Attack in Melbourne
January 25, 2018
- A Pack of Pit Bull Terriers Attack Elderly Women in St. Petersburg
July 10, 2017
- Palm Coast Dog Attack Leaves Service Animal Dead and Owner Badly Injured
February 23, 2017
- St. Cloud Dog Attacks Woman, Runs Away
September 30, 2016
- business5President-Elect, Rotary of West Orlando
After being wrongfully bit in the face by a dog I was referred to Mr. Cunningham by a family member. Mr. Cunningham & staff treated me with utmost graciousness and sensitivity all while giving me a feeling of his dedication and urgency to resolve my conflict in a most positive manner!
- Charlie, a Personal Injury client0.3