$500,000 Uninsured Motorist Settlement
John Smith, a former client of attorney James Cunningham, returned years after his first accident having suffered injuries in another motor vehicle accident. His case involved the permanent aggravation of preexisting injuries or conditions. The person responsible for causing the second accident carried no liability insurance. But fortunately, Mr. Smith had taken Mr. Cunningham’s advice following his first accident and had purchased stackable uninsured motorist coverage. This wise decision on his part allowed Mr Cunningham to recover the maximum uninsured motorist coverage available to Mr Smith under his policy.
At first, Mr Smith’s insurer resisted paying the limits of coverage but after a Civil Remedies Notice was filed with the State of Florida alleging the insurer was guilty of Bad Faith dealings with their insured, they paid their limits before the 60-day deadline expired. This allowed Mr. Smith to avoid a lawsuit and he was able to receive his settlement proceeds much more quickly, at far less expense and without the delay’s normally associated with litigation.
Because so many Florida drivers are either uninsured or underinsured insured, Mr Cunningham usually recommends his clients purchase the maximum stackable Uninsured motorist coverage they can comfortably afford - they may never need it, but as in Mr. Smith’s case, it can be the only source of funds to compensate a seriously injured person when the negligent driver has no liability insurance.
View More: Personal Injury Success Stories
- Staying Safe at Daytona Beach Bike Week 2024: Tips to Prevent Motorcycle Accidents
February 25, 2024
- Navigating Daytona Beach Bike Week 2024: Protecting Your Rights After a Motorcycle Accident
February 21, 2024
- New Research Links Camp Lejeune Water Contamination to Several Types of Cancer
February 1, 2024
- Exploring Exactech Recalls: What You Need to Know About Defective Medical Devices
October 11, 2023
- Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Florida – What You Need To Know
September 25, 2023
- Florida Family Awarded Millions in Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuit
September 22, 2023
- Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client